Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: need small flashlight, any recommendations?
914 RZ-1
post Jul 29 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Porsche Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,230
Region Association: Southern California

I'm looking for a small LED flashlight. I'd like to buy several to keep in my tool box, various drawers around the house, in the car, etc. I have several different ones, but they all break-the light fails to work for some reason (yes, I checked the batteries!). The free ones from Harbor Freight are too bulky and the batteries are a PITA to change. I'd like one that will stand up to a little "gentle abuse"-dropping, dirt, moisture, children, etc. I'd like a compact light, that is bright enough to work up close. I don't need a tactical light. I prefer one that has a button to turn on, but the twist-on ones are fine.

I was looking at the AA Maglites, but they are pricey ($24 for a 6" light). I'd like to buy about 5 or 6 lights, but over $100 for flashlights seems a bit much. I'm sure they meet all my requirements, but I thought I'd ask around before buying anything.

Anyone use the Defiant brand ones from Home Depot?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 20)
McMark
post Jul 30 2018, 06:32 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I've bought a few of these for the shop. They're rechargeable through any typical USB charger, so you can keep it topped up in the car. Pushbutton turn on. 5 brightness levels. Rugged enough to survive life in a full time shop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CJJYZ7...=UTF8&psc=1

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com-419-1532953954.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:10 PM