Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> worth of a 1.8 engine
ben1440
post Jun 13 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,688

I am looking into purchasing a 1.8 running engine. It is said to be a strong running engine with no leaks and no burning of oil. The tranny will probobly not be included because owner says the synco for second is gone. Neither of us know the value. Unknowing of the value, the owner said $500 and i was thinking more towards the $300 range. What should I expect to pay for a good 1.8. The mialage is unknown.

Also, I am guessing there should be no issue of me bolting my tail shifter tranny onto this with the correct engine mount. Last question is i have 1.7 heat exhancers with 1.7 muffler. Will that work on the 1.8?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
GWN7
post Jun 13 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Value of a engine. Known milage on it? When were the heads "freshened up"?

From free to $500....

If you need one, that is, yours is toast (no run) and it is close to you and the sellar garentees it in writing and you want it now, offer $300 be prepared to settle for $400.

If you can wait, watch the classifieds sections of the 3 boards and Craigs List. You might find one cheaper.
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Jun 14 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

If it runs...and also contains all the fuel injection components and ECM then 500 is a good deal. Ljet parts are expensive. I've seen the FI components only go for 200 bucks.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:01 AM