Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: worth of a 1.8 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben1440
I am looking into purchasing a 1.8 running engine. It is said to be a strong running engine with no leaks and no burning of oil. The tranny will probobly not be included because owner says the synco for second is gone. Neither of us know the value. Unknowing of the value, the owner said $500 and i was thinking more towards the $300 range. What should I expect to pay for a good 1.8. The mialage is unknown.

Also, I am guessing there should be no issue of me bolting my tail shifter tranny onto this with the correct engine mount. Last question is i have 1.7 heat exhancers with 1.7 muffler. Will that work on the 1.8?

Thanks
GWN7
Value of a engine. Known milage on it? When were the heads "freshened up"?

From free to $500....

If you need one, that is, yours is toast (no run) and it is close to you and the sellar garentees it in writing and you want it now, offer $300 be prepared to settle for $400.

If you can wait, watch the classifieds sections of the 3 boards and Craigs List. You might find one cheaper.
jim912928
If it runs...and also contains all the fuel injection components and ECM then 500 is a good deal. Ljet parts are expensive. I've seen the FI components only go for 200 bucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.