Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> some moron backed into my 6
nine11speedster
post Jul 31 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #21

Carson

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,686
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 31 2018, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(nine11speedster @ Jul 31 2018, 07:02 PM) *

Wow, guys; thank you so much! This is great info.

Unfortunately, my situation is very complicated. I only visit california once a year for 4 - 6 weeks (and I m into my 4th week now).
I may need to take some of your offers and seek help to get it fixed while i m away.

But truly thankful for all the very useful info!

Best,
Carson

Carson, Are you planning to attend Rennsport in September ?

Jim, Yes! I will. And i was planning to take the 6 but now this happened.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jul 31 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(nine11speedster @ Jul 31 2018, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 31 2018, 07:07 PM) *

Carson, Are you planning to attend Rennsport in September ?

Jim, Yes! I will. And i was planning to take the 6 but now this happened.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Brings back memories of 1995. Spent months getting my 914 ready for Parade in Portland, only to be rear-ended by a Camry the ONE night I decided to take it on a dry run down to San Jose—two weeks before Parade. Rear bumper was bent, as was the panel between the lights. One taillight dead, but the trunk and quarters were okay. Sent my bumper and another one I had in to Stockton bumper, who said they could have it back to me in time. They called and didn't like either of mine, so they used one of theirs they had lying around. Turned out to be a 1970 bumper.

So you should have time to get it fixed—but if they can't do it, drive it to Rennsport and then get it fixed. It's pretty minor, and I'd sure rather see the car than not see it. Looks purty... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
cary
post Jul 31 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 31 2018, 10:31 AM) *

probably 400 to repair and rechrome

For some reason I thought it was way more than that.
Matt and I met a shop owner at the Forest Grove Concours. I'll have to drop in and get some pricing. There are quite a few 914's in PDX that need some bumper love. Starting to flake in places.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 1 2018, 07:21 AM
Post #24

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Sorry to see that but you really dodged a bullet with only that damage. I agree that once the bumper comes off you need to carefully and fully inspect the body for any damage, cracks, etc. Again, glad that was not a harder hit.

As much as that dent bothers you, I would wait until after Rennsport and then get it repaired so you do not have a time-crunch stress to deal with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:42 AM