Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> After fuel tank install issue ...........
cary
post Aug 5 2018, 09:19 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mike and I had an interesting issue after re installing his fuel tank in too big of a hurry. Mike's got company in town.
In our haste we (I) kinked the return line. It usually lays in a nice S in the bottom of the fuel tank well. We've installed a front end off an 83 ROW SC and Mike's getting ready for a 3000 mile journey in his 914. Car has been running great so we didn't expect any issues when we refilled the tank and fired it up. But no ............. it started like it had a bad miss. Not what we needed.
I didn't measure the fuel pressure. I was too busy mentally going down the list of things we've touched. It sounded electrical. Then I remembered not looking at the fuel line dress under the tank. Not much room, but I got my hand up in there and adjusted the hose. Fired it back up and she ran like a top. Hmmmm.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:03 AM