Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MSDS - Rennsport Reunion VI - Meet & Greet, Saturday 9/29 | 5:00 PM | Merchant Row Tent #8
AZBanks
post Aug 21 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,245
Region Association: Southwest Region

See you there at 5
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
michael7810
post Aug 27 2018, 05:20 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Aug 21 2018, 10:23 AM) *

See you there at 5

Ditto
+Quote Post
Robnxious
post Aug 27 2018, 08:44 AM
Post #23

RobnxiousOne

Member No.: 7,097
Region Association: Northern California

This will be my first Rennsport, so I am looking forward to it. Definitely will be by your booth to say Hi and meet you Marty. I won't be bringing my car, since this was more of a last minute thing (forgot that I was supposed to meet a friend who was going to a Porsche reunion, bought tickets and room for Rennsport, and find out he was talking about Werks!! DOH!).

Anyway, got a quick question. I am staying in town, does anyone know if there are shuttles going from Monterrey to the track, or am I looking at Uber?

Thanks and I look forward to meeting a lot of you there
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Aug 27 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #24

Dominic

Member No.: 149

Thanks for sharing the corral parking map...I'm happy to see we are all parked on the pavement again!
We will see you on Saturday!
+Quote Post
lalee914
post Aug 28 2018, 08:17 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 15,521
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Robnxious @ Aug 27 2018, 10:44 AM) *

This will be my first Rennsport, so I am looking forward to it. Definitely will be by your booth to say Hi and meet you Marty. I won't be bringing my car, since this was more of a last minute thing (forgot that I was supposed to meet a friend who was going to a Porsche reunion, bought tickets and room for Rennsport, and find out he was talking about Werks!! DOH!).

Anyway, got a quick question. I am staying in town, does anyone know if there are shuttles going from Monterrey to the track, or am I looking at Uber?

If you are interested, here are some videos and photos from previous Rennsport Reunions:

http://p914-6info.net/Events.htm

Traffic getting into the track each morning is pretty bad. The CHPS directing traffic did a pretty bad job of this at the last one.

From my point of view, these events are just a 3 day orgasms. Everywhere you look there is something outstanding, amazing, incredible. Not just cars in the event, but the stuff in the paddock and parking lots and the people walking around. At the last one in 2015, I was standing in the Chopard Heritage tent trying to figure out who owned the Porsche Indy car when a guy comes up to me and together we were trying to figure this out. My son walks up and gives me a look like 'Dad, what are you doing'. I turned and looked and the guy I was talking to was Vern Schupan, Former 956 driver and LeMans winner. Of course I got a couple pictures of the 2 of us.

+Quote Post
Dominic
post Aug 28 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #26

Dominic

For all those who are traveling from afar with your 914 to attend the Rennsport Reunion, please let us "Nor Cal locals" know if you need any parts or tools to repair your cherished ride should the need arise.
I will depart my home on Thursday the 27th of September and will be at the track Friday morning. If you let me know before hand, I will do my best to help!

Cheers,
Dominic

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Aug 28 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #27

Dominic

QUOTE(Robnxious @ Aug 27 2018, 07:44 AM) *

I think the bus will get you there on a weekday, but not the weekend from what I can see. I don't know of any other shuttles, unless the hotel you are staying at offers one (track is not far from the airport). Once you get to the paddock, you can catch rides around the track in a new Porsche SUV courtesy of PCNA...no more hiking up to the corkscrew :-)
https://mst.org/maps-schedules/route-list/
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Aug 28 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 28 2018, 02:25 PM) *

For all those who are traveling from afar with your 914 to attend the Rennsport Reunion, please let us "Nor Cal locals" know if you need any parts or tools to repair your cherished ride should the need arise.
I will depart my home on Thursday the 27th of September and will be at the track Friday morning. If you let me know before hand, I will do my best to help!

Cheers,
Dominic

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
MATTYLITE
post Sep 4 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 14,843
Region Association: Southern California

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and so is this guy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/preview.ibb.co-14843-1536093311.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
troth
post Sep 4 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 20,305

QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 28 2018, 05:25 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

Hopefully my car will make it from Florida. The trip is a little under 3k miles one way. I've found I can do about 4k intervals on valve adjustments before they start getting noisy. Oil is usually still pretty clean at this point, but that's when I change it. Maybe we should have a valve adjustment party? I should have all the tools (and beer) except for a pair of jack stands.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Sep 4 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #31

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

I Will be visiting too;and Meng Foong is coming to RSR from Singapore. He a 914-6 owner / 914World Porsche guy. I know he will want to meet you

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Sep 4 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #32

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 28 2018, 02:25 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

I'm planning to drive down Friday AM from Pleasanton if there's others going as well.
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Sep 4 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #33

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

I finally acquired a corral pass but for section 8 and all the 914’s are in 1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Can’t wait!!!
+Quote Post
wes
post Sep 4 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #34

wes

Member No.: 8,436

Planning to leave Ukiah Thursday late morning.
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Sep 4 2018, 11:26 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 4 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I Will be visiting too;and Meng Foong is coming to RSR from Singapore. He a 914-6 owner / 914World Porsche guy. I know he will want to meet you

Looking forward to seeing you there Jim ( and Meng)... I have read about Meng's RHD six ...sounds very unique ! They say that Singapore is a FINE city; there is a $$$ fine for all sorts of things over there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Sep 4 2018, 11:30 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(troth @ Sep 4 2018, 02:04 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

Hopefully my car will make it from Florida. The trip is a little under 3k miles one way. I've found I can do about 4k intervals on valve adjustments before they start getting noisy. Oil is usually still pretty clean at this point, but that's when I change it. Maybe we should have a valve adjustment party? I should have all the tools (and beer) except for a pair of jack stands.

Extra cold beers for Dominic ..looks like you will be the furthest travelling 914 to Rennsport6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Safe journeys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Sep 5 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 4 2018, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(troth @ Sep 4 2018, 02:04 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

Extra cold beers for Dominic ..looks like you will be the furthest travelling 914 to Rennsport6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Safe journeys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I may try this out?
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Sep 5 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #38

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

We'll plan on being there and thanks for hosting!
+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Sep 5 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 19,245

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 4 2018, 08:29 PM) *

I finally acquired a corral pass but for section 8 and all the 914’s are in 1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Can’t wait!!!

Sending you a PM ...
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Sep 5 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Sep 5 2018, 01:32 PM) *

We'll plan on being there and thanks for hosting!

Look forward to having some Colorado Cool Aid (COORs !) with all my buds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:47 AM