Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Console Gauge Wire Harness Conversiom, Quick and easy
914Sixer
post Aug 7 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I am not using stock gauges. I made up some custom ones. Using oil pressure, oil temp and volt gauges. You simply take the clock wiring and make it your wiring for the oil pressure gauge. The black wire becomes your gauge wire, brown stays as ground. Take a jumper wire (I had old cut up harness and used plug) and make wire to run from volt + to positive on volt gauge to + on the oil pressure gauge. I used the old plug end to protect wires like on the oil temp gauge. Wire ends do not have locking clip but can be pushed on with needle nose pliers. To connect to the positive on the the volt gauge I used a piggyback connector.

Last step is I added LED bulbs, big difference.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:11 PM