Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Console Gauge Wire Harness Conversiom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I am not using stock gauges. I made up some custom ones. Using oil pressure, oil temp and volt gauges. You simply take the clock wiring and make it your wiring for the oil pressure gauge. The black wire becomes your gauge wire, brown stays as ground. Take a jumper wire (I had old cut up harness and used plug) and make wire to run from volt + to positive on volt gauge to + on the oil pressure gauge. I used the old plug end to protect wires like on the oil temp gauge. Wire ends do not have locking clip but can be pushed on with needle nose pliers. To connect to the positive on the the volt gauge I used a piggyback connector.

Last step is I added LED bulbs, big difference.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Jeff makes an excellent console wiring harness.
914Sixer
Jeff's for stock set up.
Front yard mechanic
Nice set up flag.gif
bdstone914
How are you running a oil pressure wire to the engine? Or are you using the low pressure warning wire as the oil pressure wire ?
Nice setup. I have a bunch of those old VDO gauges that I think look much better than the console gauges. And who needs a clock anyways ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.