Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: 33 or 35 DRLA Pump Jet
yeahmag
post Aug 14 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

Anybody sitting on a set of 4 DRLA pump jets in a 33 or 35 size? Thought I'd ask before buying new.

Need to try some smaller ones than what I'm running. Happy to buy or trade for other DRLA parts. I have tons!

-Aaron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Aug 15 2018, 06:51 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

Which ones do you have to trade? I have 35s, I'm currently at 55 actually looking for something larger.

Trying to overcome a bog/flutter on throttle tip-in, to make that transition smoother. 140 mains gets me spot-on for AFR at WOT (mid 12s) but as a test I tried 170 mains; AFR went too rich (of course, low 10s) but the tip-in bog/flutter went away. So I'm thinking I'd try larger accel pump jets.

What's your situation? I'm glad to trade but I'm a bit hesitant to give up what I have until I verify the resolution.
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Aug 15 2018, 06:52 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

BY the way, if anyone is sitting on a large collection of jets/tubes for the DRLAs, I'm looking. I'm hoping to find an estate sale or something like that where some guy collected the set and the family just wants to make it go away...a guy can dream...
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Aug 15 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Aug 15 2018, 05:51 AM) *

Which ones do you have to trade? I have 35s, I'm currently at 55 actually looking for something larger.

Trying to overcome a bog/flutter on throttle tip-in, to make that transition smoother. 140 mains gets me spot-on for AFR at WOT (mid 12s) but as a test I tried 170 mains; AFR went too rich (of course, low 10s) but the tip-in bog/flutter went away. So I'm thinking I'd try larger accel pump jets.

What's your situation? I'm glad to trade but I'm a bit hesitant to give up what I have until I verify the resolution.

I have modified 35s in there now. I was going down the road of larger and larger pump jets until I switched from setting the float height with the top "upside down" to having the top "hang vertical" and the float just barely resting on the spring for the inlet valve.

I'm pretty sure I have a new set of .60 pump jets if you want to try them. We could just mail each other the jets for each other to try. I also have a large selection of jets you can try, but most are reamed and not purchased. I ream and measure...

What are the specs on the carbs and motor?

Here is my current setup:

40 Dellorto
36 venturi
152 main
200 air
60 idle
35 pump (modified)
5-12 floats, vertical
250 inlet valve

-Aaron
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Aug 15 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Yeah, we can mail them across. I'm grabbing the car with support equipment (incl jets case) this weekend from my buddy in NJ (we were racing there a couple weekends ago).

I'm running:
34 venturi
70 idle (too fat)
140 main
55 accel
180 air correction
#2 emulsion tubes
Don't know floats and inlet, probably whatever is the default.

Need to get the engine specs from Chris Foley but it's a light engine build, overbore, warm cams, etc.

I'll send you a PM with my info.

Greg

Edit: attaching a screen shot of AFR data before and after main jet change; you can see how the AFRs pop lean when I tip in, that's why I'm thinking bigger accel jet.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:27 PM