Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto transport to Rennsport Reunion, Or caravans?
echocanyons
post Aug 18 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

The Rennsport Reunion is coming quickly and I will have to transport my car from SLC to the event.

As fun as it would be to make the drive I’m leaning towards having it shipped out.

How is everyone else getting there?
Anybody else having there car trailered to the event?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Aug 18 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

I fear we may be turning a corner in the 914 world... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Aug 18 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #3

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

There’s a caravan coming from Durango; check with Kansas914 (Mike M ) Seems like they have 7 cars coming...
+Quote Post
echocanyons
post Aug 18 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

Don’t get me wrong Pete, I would love to drive it and did the same drive a couple of months ago in my sons 914.

Part of the issue is that I’m in California and it seems to be about equal as far as price for me to fly out and drive it back as it is for a shipper to bring it out. Then there is the time factor as well.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Aug 18 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

^ I feel ya, brother, and knew it was probably something like that. Time was the first thing I thought about, actually.

Still, your post seemed to encapsulate a shift in the 914 world of late, with these cars becoming more and more like 356s. Not sure how I feel about 914s viewed or treated that way, sometimes. Then again, there are a lot of great 356 people who really drive their cars, too...and they certainly do right by the cars as a whole.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Aug 18 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #6

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 18 2018, 04:04 PM) *

^ I feel ya, brother, and knew it was probably something like that. Time was the first thing I thought about, actually.

Still, your post seemed to encapsulate a shift in the 914 world of late, with these cars becoming more and more like 356s. Not sure how I feel about 914s viewed or treated that way, sometimes. Then again, there are a lot of great 356 people who really drive their cars, too...and they certainly do right by the cars as a whole.

Both of these get driven. The yellow orange one has a roll cage, hot engine and competed in 3 Mexican rally’s. The blue one has headers and a stinger exhaust. Original paint, patina and rust. No garage queens here.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Aug 18 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 18 2018, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 18 2018, 04:04 PM) *

Both of these get driven. The yellow orange one has a roll cage, hot engine and competed in 3 Mexican rally’s. The blue one has headers and a stinger exhaust. Original paint, patina and rust. No garage queens here.

Love it!

One of my favorite 356s around here is a very dog-eared C coupe. Dark blue with a brown interior and a veteran of many, many rallies. I wouldn't touch it, other than to open the door, get in, and get the hell out of dodge. Wouldn't mess with either of the above, either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 03:45 PM