Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto transport to Rennsport Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
The Rennsport Reunion is coming quickly and I will have to transport my car from SLC to the event.

As fun as it would be to make the drive I’m leaning towards having it shipped out.

How is everyone else getting there?
Anybody else having there car trailered to the event?

horizontally-opposed
I fear we may be turning a corner in the 914 world... unsure.gif
jim_hoyland
There’s a caravan coming from Durango; check with Kansas914 (Mike M ) Seems like they have 7 cars coming...
echocanyons
Don’t get me wrong Pete, I would love to drive it and did the same drive a couple of months ago in my sons 914.

Part of the issue is that I’m in California and it seems to be about equal as far as price for me to fly out and drive it back as it is for a shipper to bring it out. Then there is the time factor as well.

horizontally-opposed
^ I feel ya, brother, and knew it was probably something like that. Time was the first thing I thought about, actually.

Still, your post seemed to encapsulate a shift in the 914 world of late, with these cars becoming more and more like 356s. Not sure how I feel about 914s viewed or treated that way, sometimes. Then again, there are a lot of great 356 people who really drive their cars, too...and they certainly do right by the cars as a whole.
mepstein
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 18 2018, 04:04 PM) *

^ I feel ya, brother, and knew it was probably something like that. Time was the first thing I thought about, actually.

Still, your post seemed to encapsulate a shift in the 914 world of late, with these cars becoming more and more like 356s. Not sure how I feel about 914s viewed or treated that way, sometimes. Then again, there are a lot of great 356 people who really drive their cars, too...and they certainly do right by the cars as a whole.

Both of these get driven. The yellow orange one has a roll cage, hot engine and competed in 3 Mexican rally’s. The blue one has headers and a stinger exhaust. Original paint, patina and rust. No garage queens here.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 18 2018, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 18 2018, 04:04 PM) *

Both of these get driven. The yellow orange one has a roll cage, hot engine and competed in 3 Mexican rally’s. The blue one has headers and a stinger exhaust. Original paint, patina and rust. No garage queens here.

Love it!

One of my favorite 356s around here is a very dog-eared C coupe. Dark blue with a brown interior and a veteran of many, many rallies. I wouldn't touch it, other than to open the door, get in, and get the hell out of dodge. Wouldn't mess with either of the above, either.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.