Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tail of the Dragon, Sunday after Okteenerfest is over
914dave
post Aug 23 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #1

914 Addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

Planning on hitting the “Tail” on the way home from Okteenerfest. Touched base with Matt Whitesell and thought we would start a thread for a group drive. It’s probably going to be busy on Sunday. But I’m not going to miss an opportunity with the teener. Who’s in!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 23 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

Possible for me.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 24 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #3

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

The Dragon is on the way home for me, so... yeah, I'm in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914dave
post Aug 30 2018, 05:17 AM
Post #4

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) looks like we have a few, any more takers?
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Aug 30 2018, 06:17 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

I've done in once, while pulling a trailer, it was a long ride with lots of angry people behind me...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 30 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #6

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 08:17 AM) *
I've done in once, while pulling a trailer, it was a long ride with lots of angry people behind me...

You did it wrong, Adam.
Should have taken the Speedster OFF the trailer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Aug 30 2018, 11:03 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 30 2018, 04:29 AM) *

You did it wrong, Adam.
Should have taken the Speedster OFF the trailer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Man, I would have loved that, but the car wasn't ready. That was the year we had the 356 Registry holiday in Fontana, which is right next to the tail. So I got the car bolted together to bring to the event, but it wasn't running yet. The worst part about it, a guy from Australia saw the pics of the car at the event and wanted to buy it, I put a stupid price on it, hoping and praying he would say no, he said yes. So a car I worked on for years I sold before ever getting to drive it. I thought about just starting at the top of the Dragon and coasting down...
Here it is at the event, next to the red coupe they use on that show The Vampire Diaries.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 30 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #8

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 01:03 PM) *

You did it wrong, Adam.

Man, I would have loved that, but the car wasn't ready. That was the year we had the 356 Registry holiday in Fontana, which is right next to the tail. So I got the car bolted together to bring to the event, but it wasn't running yet. The worst part about it, a guy from Australia saw the pics of the car at the event and wanted to buy it, I put a stupid price on it, hoping and praying he would say no, he said yes. So a car I worked on for years I sold before ever getting to drive it. I thought about just starting at the top of the Dragon and coasting down...
Here it is at the event, next to the red coupe they use on that show The Vampire Diaries.
Adam, I think that was the same year we had the Okteenerfest in Townsend, we were driving 129 one way and the 356's were going the other, stopped at Fontana Dam while there too as part of our drive. I believe that was4 or 5 years ago. my picture in my Avatar is from that trip.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Aug 30 2018, 12:00 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 30 2018, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 01:03 PM) *

You did it wrong, Adam.

Adam, I think that was the same year we had the Okteenerfest in Townsend, we were driving 129 one way and the 356's were going the other, stopped at Fontana Dam while there too as part of our drive. I believe that was4 or 5 years ago. my picture in my Avatar is from that trip.

Yup, it was 2014, long drive but a fun trip.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 30 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #10

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 07:17 AM) *

That's the only reason we are not going to go with y'all. I would have to take the /6 off the trailer and drive the dragon, then go back and load it back up for the drive home.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:21 PM