Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail of the Dragon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914dave
Planning on hitting the “Tail” on the way home from Okteenerfest. Touched base with Matt Whitesell and thought we would start a thread for a group drive. It’s probably going to be busy on Sunday. But I’m not going to miss an opportunity with the teener. Who’s in!
Mblizzard
Possible for me.
poorsche914
The Dragon is on the way home for me, so... yeah, I'm in biggrin.gif

driving.gif
914dave
icon_bump.gif looks like we have a few, any more takers?
Unobtanium-inc
I've done in once, while pulling a trailer, it was a long ride with lots of angry people behind me...
poorsche914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 08:17 AM) *
I've done in once, while pulling a trailer, it was a long ride with lots of angry people behind me...

You did it wrong, Adam.
Should have taken the Speedster OFF the trailer poke.gif

driving.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 30 2018, 04:29 AM) *

You did it wrong, Adam.

driving.gif

Man, I would have loved that, but the car wasn't ready. That was the year we had the 356 Registry holiday in Fontana, which is right next to the tail. So I got the car bolted together to bring to the event, but it wasn't running yet. The worst part about it, a guy from Australia saw the pics of the car at the event and wanted to buy it, I put a stupid price on it, hoping and praying he would say no, he said yes. So a car I worked on for years I sold before ever getting to drive it. I thought about just starting at the top of the Dragon and coasting down...
Here it is at the event, next to the red coupe they use on that show The Vampire Diaries.

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 01:03 PM) *

You did it wrong, Adam.

driving.gif

Man, I would have loved that, but the car wasn't ready. That was the year we had the 356 Registry holiday in Fontana, which is right next to the tail. So I got the car bolted together to bring to the event, but it wasn't running yet. The worst part about it, a guy from Australia saw the pics of the car at the event and wanted to buy it, I put a stupid price on it, hoping and praying he would say no, he said yes. So a car I worked on for years I sold before ever getting to drive it. I thought about just starting at the top of the Dragon and coasting down...
Here it is at the event, next to the red coupe they use on that show The Vampire Diaries.
Adam, I think that was the same year we had the Okteenerfest in Townsend, we were driving 129 one way and the 356's were going the other, stopped at Fontana Dam while there too as part of our drive. I believe that was4 or 5 years ago. my picture in my Avatar is from that trip.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 30 2018, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 01:03 PM) *

You did it wrong, Adam.

driving.gif

Adam, I think that was the same year we had the Okteenerfest in Townsend, we were driving 129 one way and the 356's were going the other, stopped at Fontana Dam while there too as part of our drive. I believe that was4 or 5 years ago. my picture in my Avatar is from that trip.

Yup, it was 2014, long drive but a fun trip.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 30 2018, 07:17 AM) *

That's the only reason we are not going to go with y'all. I would have to take the /6 off the trailer and drive the dragon, then go back and load it back up for the drive home.

mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.