Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.4L upgrade upgrade HELP!, Wiring issues
spike
post Aug 24 2018, 08:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,424
Region Association: None

Hi all. This is my first post on here. I have been given the interesting task of finishing a conversion that was started some 20years ago! On top of that the car has an 80's or 90's temperamental immobiliser fitted according to the owner. I am going to remove the immobiliser completely. The problems are the electrics.

Here are some of the problems I currently have:-
When marrying up the 14 pin connector of the engine loom to the relay board as per a diagram I was supplied with the car it doesn't make any sense. I removed the D+, D- and DF wires, fitted new terminals and connected them to the appropriate 3 pins on the relay board. I then moved the red wires pin (from the alternator) from pin 14 to pin 7. Pin 14 on the relay board doesn't exist and since putting it into pin 7 both the ignition light and the oil pressure light come on permanently on the dash, even when the ignition is off.

Someone has cut the black/purple wire at the distributor so it no longer goes to the dizzy and turned it into an earth to the engine block.

The relay board was also mounted 180degrees out so the engine loom 14 pin connector was plugged into the cars 14 pin connector block and vice versa, so I don't know if any damage has occurred to any components by a previous mechanic turning on the ignition.

The BHKZ unit has no power supply as the red wire for it just hangs out of the loom.

I can't find or don't know if I need the following components either that are in the diagram I have :- speed switch/relay. Thermostat time switch. Auxiliary starting relay and Control valve.

I have found plenty of info online about how to do the conversion and the parts required, but am struggling to find any information on the wiring side of the conversion.

Any help/advice is massively appreciated.
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:00 PM