Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need legal advice..., For driving an "antique" vehicle
ninefourteener
post Jun 15 2005, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

I've brought up this topic before... going back nearly a year. I'll see if I can make a long story short:

1. A year ago, 914 gets tagged to be emission tested.
2. Car won't pass
3. Adusted carbs, lowered idle, poured in dry gas, nothing.
4. Car failes emissions miserably 3 times
** BTW, my car runs FANTASTIC
5. I file for an "extension" on the emissions requirement
6. Never hear back, assume everything's ok
7. Car registration expired 31 May
8. Go in today to get new registration sticker
9. Find out car's tags have been suspended since last June...... oops (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
10. Give up, and call the Illinois EPA to find out how to register the car as an antique.

Ok, so I'm going to register it as an antique...... Which means that "technically" I'm not supposed to drive it anywhere other than car shows, races, events, etc...... or if I'm performing maintenance or something.

Truth be told... I'm unsure of exactly what the law says.

In addition...... what do I do if I get pulled over, and I'm just out for a Sunday drive or something??

I've heard that it's good to keep a couple quarts of oil in the car, or some tools.... I dunno. How well does that work? W#ill it stand up in court?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ninefourteener   Need legal advice...   Jun 15 2005, 02:40 PM
TimT   cant speak for Illinois DMV laws, but i had my 91...   Jun 15 2005, 03:00 PM
lapuwali   The full text of all of the relevant laws should b...   Jun 15 2005, 03:09 PM
messix   please post the failed results. most likely just...   Jun 15 2005, 04:27 PM
VegasRacer   ...   Jun 15 2005, 04:45 PM
aircooledboy   Hey Dude, I'm an Illinois criminal and traffic...   Jun 15 2005, 06:26 PM
Verruckt  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:14 PM