Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dash Lamps, What is up with this diode?
tmc914
post Aug 31 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,452
Region Association: North East States

What is up with this diode on my dash lamp. Wanted to change lamps because existing lamp was giving me trouble with flasher (both turn indicators and e-brake lights would flash fast). If you look close on the second pic it looks like a part number and the plastic connector looks burnt inside on one connection. All looks stock. Do I need a new diode and connector block? Also is there a trick to getting these lamps out? The lamp on the speedometer on the far right looks different holder than on the left lamp of the same speedometer. Have other issues but will put in separate post to keep things clear.
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
worn
post Aug 31 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #2

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(tmc914 @ Aug 31 2018, 03:08 PM) *

What is up with this diode on my dash lamp. Wanted to change lamps because existing lamp was giving me trouble with flasher (both turn indicators and e-brake lights would flash fast). If you look close on the second pic it looks like a part number and the plastic connector looks burnt inside on one connection. All looks stock. Do I need a new diode and connector block? Also is there a trick to getting these lamps out? The lamp on the speedometer on the far right looks different holder than on the left lamp of the same speedometer. Have other issues but will put in separate post to keep things

Both types of lamp holder simply pull straight out. The diodes let the engineers get away with less wiring and switches. The circuits varied by year. You can disconnect the diode and test it. It may be that you only need to crimp a new connector on. Taking photos is an excellent idea.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Aug 31 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

What year is your car?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:03 PM