Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Lamps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tmc914
What is up with this diode on my dash lamp. Wanted to change lamps because existing lamp was giving me trouble with flasher (both turn indicators and e-brake lights would flash fast). If you look close on the second pic it looks like a part number and the plastic connector looks burnt inside on one connection. All looks stock. Do I need a new diode and connector block? Also is there a trick to getting these lamps out? The lamp on the speedometer on the far right looks different holder than on the left lamp of the same speedometer. Have other issues but will put in separate post to keep things clear.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(tmc914 @ Aug 31 2018, 03:08 PM) *

What is up with this diode on my dash lamp. Wanted to change lamps because existing lamp was giving me trouble with flasher (both turn indicators and e-brake lights would flash fast). If you look close on the second pic it looks like a part number and the plastic connector looks burnt inside on one connection. All looks stock. Do I need a new diode and connector block? Also is there a trick to getting these lamps out? The lamp on the speedometer on the far right looks different holder than on the left lamp of the same speedometer. Have other issues but will put in separate post to keep things

Both types of lamp holder simply pull straight out. The diodes let the engineers get away with less wiring and switches. The circuits varied by year. You can disconnect the diode and test it. It may be that you only need to crimp a new connector on. Taking photos is an excellent idea.
914_teener
What year is your car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.