Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake Bleeding Problem, Master Cylinder?
74Wheels
post Sep 3 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,232
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have my 2nd 74 2.0 and having issue with brakes. Rebuilt all 4 Calipers due to a stuck Front Caliper. Had a pretty firm pedal prior to rebuild, but could have been the stuck caliper? Anyway bleed everything yesterday per all threads I read and got a firm pedal. But then after it sat for awhile, the pedal would go almost all the way down on the first push but would then pump up on successive braking. After sitting overnight, now I have nothing today. No leaks and fluid level still where it was yesterday. Bleed about a gallon through with a power bleeder.

I’m thinking Master Cylinder now and wanted to get feedback on thoughts and what brand of Master to buy? It’s still the original 17mm Cylinder which I want to stay with.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:17 PM