Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much paint?
mepstein
post Oct 6 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #21

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 6 2018, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 5 2018, 05:20 AM) *

It’s funny that on a 914, we paint the interior body color and then take great pains to cover all the color with carpet, pads, vinyl and tape.

I do it for her. She deserves to feel pretty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif)

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 6 2018, 05:36 AM) *

Pros usually use 3 quarts. diy guys usually use 1 gallon to allow for mistakes.

Whole car or just exterior?

Exterior but there are a lot of variables. Give yourself some extra for practice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
defianty
post Oct 6 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 6,621
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 6 2018, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(defianty @ Oct 6 2018, 04:45 AM) *

So... had a chat with my painter this morning and he reckons he'll buy three litres of base coat for the exterior. Thinned down to paint, that will give him six litres.
Hope that helps Brent.

Thanks Stephen. 3 litres of base would make about 1.5 gallons of sprayable mix in the stuff I'm using. Did he happen to mention how much single-stage for the interiors he will shoot? That's the number most important to me right now. Spraying exterior will have to wait until the winter snows thaw and warm weather returns. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

He said he'd probably get a gallon of single stage, now to add to confusion I'm guessing that's a UK (imperial) gallon and not a US gallon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Oct 6 2018, 05:15 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(defianty @ Oct 6 2018, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 6 2018, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(defianty @ Oct 6 2018, 04:45 AM) *

So... had a chat with my painter this morning and he reckons he'll buy three litres of base coat for the exterior. Thinned down to paint, that will give him six litres.
Hope that helps Brent.

Thanks Stephen. 3 litres of base would make about 1.5 gallons of sprayable mix in the stuff I'm using. Did he happen to mention how much single-stage for the interiors he will shoot? That's the number most important to me right now. Spraying exterior will have to wait until the winter snows thaw and warm weather returns. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

He said he'd probably get a gallon of single stage, now to add to confusion I'm guessing that's a UK (imperial) gallon and not a US gallon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yep. that's 1.2 US gallons . There won't be any shortage of paint in there!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:47 AM