Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Horn not working right, Was working before I took it apart
tmc914
post Sep 11 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,452
Region Association: North East States

Below are a couple pictures of the batwing horn pad and the other of the steering column. Not sure how to route the wire. Wish I paid more attention to when I took it apart. The rubber boot is not shown but is new. It looks like the wire is getting beat up. I know it needs a new end (smaller) but it was working when I took it apart to get to my turn signal switch. In case you are wondering the new turn signal switch has arrived and the old one was sent back. Have not replaced it yet. Want to figure out what is going wrong with this horn thing. Have state inspection this month and not much time to work on this. Does the wire come through that hole on the right? Don't remember it that way. It almost looks like it could go to the right and under the ring then plug in from the back side. Such a simple thing is frustrating me. I did take a ohm meter to make sure the batwing metal is isolated from the other metal and there are fiber washers isolating things, no ohms. What happens is when I put it together and turn on the ignition the horn sounds constantly. Most people can't get it to work, I can't get it to shut off!
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:16 PM