Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi Beam Blowing Fuse
warrenoliver
post Sep 17 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,199
Region Association: Upper MidWest

73, 2.0 that blows the fuse for the right hi beam. Not sure where to begin since this is an intermittent problem and can go for a week or two before it blows. It seems to blow when I switch from low to high beam, I have not had it blow when running on hi beam. I have checked resistance on both left and right wires and they are very similar but that makes sense because the short is intermittent.
Do the sealed bulbs sometimes cause this as they get older? Not sure I can trace that hi beam wire from the switch to the light without ripping out the whole front end wire harness. Any tips on how to narrow this down?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Sep 18 2018, 05:37 AM
Post #2

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

So this happens only on the Right HB and only when switching from Lo to Hi?

I've never heard of sealed beams getting lower resistance with age. If you have concerns about the sealed beam try swapping the right light with the left light.

Maybe something going on with the relay? I'm not familiar with that relay and how it works.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:20 PM