Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi Beam Blowing Fuse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warrenoliver
73, 2.0 that blows the fuse for the right hi beam. Not sure where to begin since this is an intermittent problem and can go for a week or two before it blows. It seems to blow when I switch from low to high beam, I have not had it blow when running on hi beam. I have checked resistance on both left and right wires and they are very similar but that makes sense because the short is intermittent.
Do the sealed bulbs sometimes cause this as they get older? Not sure I can trace that hi beam wire from the switch to the light without ripping out the whole front end wire harness. Any tips on how to narrow this down?

Spoke
So this happens only on the Right HB and only when switching from Lo to Hi?

I've never heard of sealed beams getting lower resistance with age. If you have concerns about the sealed beam try swapping the right light with the left light.

Maybe something going on with the relay? I'm not familiar with that relay and how it works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.