Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost reverse and sometimes first gear, Just replaced bushings in the linkage
milwlandrover
post Sep 21 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,592
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I replaced the linkage and the shifting was sloppy but at least I could find each of the 5 gears and reverse. After driving it around a little I had problems hitting reverse when I parked this morning. By lunch I went out and could not find reverse at all. I pushed it the few feet I needed to back up and drove away, but first gear was hard to find. Is there an adjustment that I missed. I ordered the Precision Shift Adjuster but it has not arrived yet. I figure that will "fine tune" the shifting but I would like to have the linkage as close as I can prior to adding the PSA. Thanks in advance for your help.
cheers! and happy last day of summer!
markw
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Sep 21 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #2

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Sep 21 2018, 01:51 PM) *

I replaced the linkage and the shifting was sloppy but at least I could find each of the 5 gears and reverse. After driving it around a little I had problems hitting reverse when I parked this morning. By lunch I went out and could not find reverse at all. I pushed it the few feet I needed to back up and drove away, but first gear was hard to find. Is there an adjustment that I missed. I ordered the Precision Shift Adjuster but it has not arrived yet. I figure that will "fine tune" the shifting but I would like to have the linkage as close as I can prior to adding the PSA. Thanks in advance for your help.
cheers! and happy last day of summer!
markw

Adjuster should show up in the mail tomorrow.
It sounds like something is loose, allowing the lever to move more than normal. Check both bushing brackets, the one under the shift lever and the one at the transmission. Also check the cone screw below the shift lever.
+Quote Post
milwlandrover
post Sep 21 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #3

[I am on it. Thanks for your help and fast service.

Cheers!
+Quote Post
milwlandrover
post Sep 24 2018, 09:21 AM
Post #4

[I got the precision shift adjuster yesterday. It looks great. I probably won't get it in until next weekend, but I appreciate your service and the hard work that went into the part.

cheers!

markw
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:10 PM