Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 conversion engine compartment, what doI need to keep?
amfab
post Sep 22 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

I have a couple of questions about my engine compartment for my 74 3.2 six conversion—what to I need to keep and what can I get rid of? The passengers engine shelf needs replacing, and the driver’s side needs a little work.

While I am in working on the engine compartment what can I get rid of for a cleaner installation?

On the drivers side I have removed the shelf brackets for the relay plate, and the bracket for the blower. Should I remove the ground stud that comes out? Is there anything I should weld shut on that side while I am fixing up the engine shelf?

On the passenger’s side—same question. Also, do I need that angled piece of sheetmetal/bracket that spans the indentation on the upper part of the inner suspension ear? My four-cyl was not stock when I got it and I do not know what that is for.

TIA

-Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:30 PM