Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Found my 1st 914, A quest to find - solved
North Coast Jim
post Sep 30 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

We've been looking for our 1st 914 for over 5 years now. Hoped it hadn't fallen onto hard times and been scrapped or parted out. We know it went to Cincinnati in the late 80s and we lost track of it there. No input from other World members in the area was of any help in our quest.

Volunteered at the Put In Bay Vintage Car Races for the fourth year and in a row and to our delight our old Teener was there. Couldn't miss it with those ATS wheels. Talked to the owner and asked if the fuel pump was moved up front and 4 holes were made in the gas tank bulkhead to accommodate relocation of the pump. Opening the front trunk and there was my work from over 30 years ago. Car looks good. Glad to see it's a Survivor. Oh made an offer that if he ever wanted to sell it to call me first. New owner is not a World member so I enlightened him about our existence.

First two pics of her today, last is from the mid 80's Porsche parade in Colo Springs

Happy to see Her again !!!!

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
North Coast Jim   Found my 1st 914   Sep 30 2018, 09:29 AM
TravisNeff   Congrats, great looking car Jim!   Sep 30 2018, 09:42 AM
2mAn   thats awesome, good to see its still being cared f...   Sep 30 2018, 12:32 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:28 AM