Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Warning: Check Your Bumper Tops, Probably old hat, but just in case...
Jonathan Livesay
post Oct 3 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 3 2018, 05:51 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 3 2018, 08:29 AM) *

I have the cure for you .... convert to BUB's!! I have a set if you want them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

OK, I'll bite: what are BUBs?

Everybody knows BUBs, your previous post may as well have been written in Latin as far as my ability to comprehend.
At least it was the bumper top and not the right rear swing arm.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Oct 3 2018, 06:24 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Oct 3 2018, 12:52 PM) *
Everybody knows BUBs, your previous post may as well have been written in Latin as far as my ability to comprehend.
At least it was the bumper top and not the right rear swing arm.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) fair enough.

No, Mark is going to get some bumper top biz some time this winter, after I cover some home projects. By the time we hit December here in CT I'll be looking to do SOMETHING. 'Cause 914 driving season is only 4 months away...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Oct 3 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 15,674

glider!!! yea i won't talk about that one.
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Oct 4 2018, 06:37 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565

Yeah, it's one of those things where you realize just how stoopit you were.

http://tgadrivel.blogspot.com/1997/08/an-i...sting-asrs.html
+Quote Post
bmtrnavsky
post Oct 4 2018, 09:25 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,245
Region Association: Southwest Region

On the topic of bumper tops. both of mine are shot. the rubber looks good but all the mounting hardware is shot. They seem to be $550 to $600 for front and rear. I remember seeing fiberglass ones somewhere but I can not find a source for them now? anyone know who made these and how much they are? I'm playing with the idea of painting them to match the car.
+Quote Post
theer
post Oct 4 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 19,014

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 3 2018, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 2 2018, 07:20 PM) *

New custom brown interior.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've had worse Code Brown moments, like the time I shot a VOR-A into a 425 MDA with the ATIS calling 400BKN 600OVC RA+widespread across the region, 15 knot quartering tailwind, and only 1/2 hour of fuel left. Then the GPS calls off the RNAV approach at the intercept due to lack of RAIM so I scrambled to cover it with the VOR (yeah, shoulda had that tuned in already; I got cocky). Got down to MDA and caught sight of the REILs and grabbed a whole buncha slip to get down and then the controller calls for a circling approach to the other side (I told him to pound sand and did a straight-in). What's that "old, bold pilots" saying...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

uhhhhh... whaaa? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 8 2018, 06:10 AM
Post #27

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 2 2018, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 2 2018, 02:00 PM) *

On a scale of 1-10, what was the "Pucker Factor" when that happened? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Wife yelped...then looked over at me. Said later she thought I was being pretty cool about the whole thing...

...while deep inside I'm thinking, "motherhumper if that heavy thing pops off it's gonna hurt someone back there and gadammit now I gotta cut across the nose of that truck to get over to the shoulder shit it's all guardrail around here where in the hell am I going to go crap that damn thing is still hanging on I really hope it's not hurting the paint dammit what if it gets caught in the strut or steering sonofabitch where is that damn exit wow I hope we're not going to miss the event 'cause I heard they have the latest Spaten Oktoberfest on tap...mmmmmmmm beeeeeeeeeer."

It was tasty.

Welcome to the bunny zone.

Coined by Brian Johnson of AC/DC, the bunny zone is where things are so intense that your rectum starts to twitch like a bunny's nose.

+Quote Post
maf914
post Oct 8 2018, 06:27 AM
Post #28

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 4 2018, 07:25 AM) *

On the topic of bumper tops. both of mine are shot. the rubber looks good but all the mounting hardware is shot. They seem to be $550 to $600 for front and rear. I remember seeing fiberglass ones somewhere but I can not find a source for them now? anyone know who made these and how much they are? I'm playing with the idea of painting them to match the car.

914Rubber offered them in a group buy several years ago, but I haven't seen them on their site since. I think they were originally made by 914 Appearance and Performance, which made fiberglass pieces (i.e. speaker enclosures) for the 914.

Here is a Google search with a few links:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=_kq7W9irJu...160.O_UC0Vfkiwk
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Oct 8 2018, 06:37 AM
Post #29

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 3 2018, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 2 2018, 07:20 PM) *

New custom brown interior.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've had worse Code Brown moments, like the time I shot a VOR-A into a 425 MDA with the ATIS calling 400BKN 600OVC RA+widespread across the region, 15 knot quartering tailwind, and only 1/2 hour of fuel left. Then the GPS calls off the RNAV approach at the intercept due to lack of RAIM so I scrambled to cover it with the VOR (yeah, shoulda had that tuned in already; I got cocky). Got down to MDA and caught sight of the REILs and grabbed a whole buncha slip to get down and then the controller calls for a circling approach to the other side (I told him to pound sand and did a straight-in). What's that "old, bold pilots" saying...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Let's not even talk about the time I totally effed up the fuel calcs and ended up with a glider about 10 miles out at 5000 AGL (and then I bought a fuel totalizer...there's an ASRS on that somewhere out there). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Bumper top flapping? Meh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Wtf was all that?
Acronyms from where?
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Oct 8 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

Aviation, instrument approach for landing at an airport.
+Quote Post
bmtrnavsky
post Oct 8 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 8,245
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(maf914 @ Oct 8 2018, 04:27 AM) *

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 4 2018, 07:25 AM) *

914Rubber offered them in a group buy several years ago, but I haven't seen them on their site since. I think they were originally made by 914 Appearance and Performance, which made fiberglass pieces (i.e. speaker enclosures) for the 914.

Here is a Google search with a few links:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=_kq7W9irJu...160.O_UC0Vfkiwk

It does not seem to be available anyplace... with the cost of these and the abundance of cars that need them, I wonder if anyone is interested in producing them again?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 08:32 AM