Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brain trust question for hydraulic clutch...., 944 turbo clutch pedal insanity.....
second wind
post Oct 1 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

Hey guys.....please help if you can. Took 1989 944 turbo to Rennsport instead of 914....about 100 in the clutch pedal went down and never came back up. I used my toes to pry it back up and then pumped it to get a shift out of it. Made it to hotel and left parked for two days. Brake reservoir full but forced a bit more in. Somehow had a inch or so of pedal so made the best of it. Last 100 miles back the pedal starts working like perfect and pushes back up like normal. This is a puzzlement to me. Had new brake pads put in week prior and also clutch pedal acted a little funky a month earlier. Any ideas out there? Anyone know what power bleeding is? I would love to figure this out. Have read other forums and guys have replaced master and slave cylinders and still have the same problem. I sure would appreciate an explanation before burning through my money. Thank you very much.
gg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:38 PM