Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ezcarlift, Lift
JoeD
post Oct 3 2018, 06:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,973
Region Association: South East States

After years of jacks stands and tight quarters, I finally pulled the trigger on a “lift”. My garage is tight and has a very low ceiling so couldn’t do what I really wanted and put a real lift in; opted for the ezcarlift. It arrived yesterday and within an hour had the car up. I can move it from the garage to the driveway as needed and though only 26” of lift, I am absolutely giddy about the amount of room I now have underneath.

About to re-do the front end (steering rack, tie rod ends, control arm / sway bar bushings etc) and brakes / rotors all around. Plus the undercoat is peeling and needs to be scraped and redone, and lots of other little things need freshening up. This will make life so much easier!

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FourBlades
post Oct 3 2018, 06:27 AM
Post #2

From Wreck to Rockin

Member No.: 8,414

Cool, I have been thinking about getting one of those.

I know a full lift would be nice but they take up a lot of space.

For most of my restoration work I only needed to lift the car about 2 feet.

How easy would it be to take it to the track?

John
+Quote Post
JoeD
post Oct 3 2018, 06:34 AM
Post #3

Not as easy as i’d hoped, but definitely doable if you have a trailer, pickup or SUV. The main side pieces are maybe 5’ long and about 60lbs a piece. The cross braces come off easily- 2 14mm bolts on each end of each side piece. And it’s on casters so rolls pretty easily.

It took me an hour to unbox, unwrap, study it and then put it together. Figure it would literally take 10-15 minutes now.

You use a drill / socket to lift and lower- I have an 8 amp corded drill and it ran it up and down in a minute or two. Not sure how happy it would be with a cordless.

QUOTE(FourBlades @ Oct 3 2018, 08:27 AM) *

Cool, I have been thinking about getting one of those.

I know a full lift would be nice but they take up a lot of space.

For most of my restoration work I only needed to lift the car about 2 feet.

How easy would it be to take it to the track?

John

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 3 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #4

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

nice but it looks like the price is about the same as a portable MaxxJax 4 point lift and the 2 posts can be stored to the side when not in use, and I believe can go up to 40". Not sure yet which way I will go but boy would it be nice to have something!
Can you just leave it under the car for storage? did they ship direct to you?

Phil
+Quote Post
JoeD
post Oct 3 2018, 06:41 AM
Post #5

Yeah I looked at maxxjack and quick jack and other low-rise options. I am not sure my garage floors meet spec for max jack and I didn’t really want to have to drill into them. Plus I really need to be able to go from garage to driveway and move from one car to another in place (there is currently a datsun 240z in the garage almost completely disassembled). So just rolled the dice. I’m very happy with this, though still I’ve lift-envy of those who can actually stand under their cars...!

Yes it was shipped FedEx straight to the house. Ordered on Wednesday arrived on Tuesday.

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 3 2018, 08:35 AM) *

nice but it looks like the price is about the same as a portable MaxxJax 4 point lift and the 2 posts can be stored to the side when not in use, and I believe can go up to 40". Not sure yet which way I will go but boy would it be nice to have something!
Can you just leave it under the car for storage? did they ship direct to you?

Phil
+Quote Post
FourBlades
post Oct 3 2018, 06:44 AM
Post #6

From Wreck to Rockin

Member No.: 8,414

Looks pretty cool, thanks for describing it.

If you were going to a champ car race it might be worth the effort to take it along.

You could probably rent it by the hour to other teams if you did not need it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

John
+Quote Post
JoeD
post Oct 3 2018, 06:45 AM
Post #7

Oh and I also don’t think I have room on either side of the car in the garage to put the maxxjack. I bought the “drive over” kit (basically ramps) that let me put this down and drive (or push!) a car up on to it. Thanks
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 3 2018, 06:47 AM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Its not cheap but looks like a great solution for someone who wants a quick easy lift and like me, hates jack stands.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 3 2018, 06:59 AM
Post #9

Dr. Phil

do you think it gets up high enough to do a motor and/or transmission drop? , might consider one if I can use it for the other cars I need to work on like the jag and BMW.

Thnks for sharing, certainly way better than jackstands I agree with Mark!
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Oct 3 2018, 07:07 AM
Post #10

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I had an EZcarlift...was a very well made product and I had no problems with it. I sold it to a friend who just had to have it...lol.

While not as good as a 2 post lift it was very useful and certainly better than jack stands.
+Quote Post
JoeD
post Oct 3 2018, 07:11 AM
Post #11

I think you could drop the motor. Nothing in the way but not sure about height. I have carbs so that might make it more difficult...

Anyone happen to know how high you have to lift the car to clear the motor?

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 3 2018, 08:59 AM) *

do you think it gets up high enough to do a motor and/or transmission drop? , might consider one if I can use it for the other cars I need to work on like the jag and BMW.

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 3 2018, 07:46 AM
Post #12

Dr. Phil

I think we were close to having to raise the rear jack point to about 24-26" so it will be close - one way to find out I guess- one thing, was if we had not put the bumper and the valence on , it would have not been so close , that will save a couple inches, so I think if you pull the valence you could do it with less than 24" space from floor to jack points.

QUOTE(JoeD @ Oct 3 2018, 09:11 AM) *

I think you could drop the motor. Nothing in the way but not sure about height. I have carbs so that might make it more difficult...

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 3 2018, 08:59 AM) *

+Quote Post
johnhora
post Oct 3 2018, 08:01 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 107
Region Association: None

Best home shop tool investment I ever made!

If you use jack stands this is for you.
It's the home mechanic that uses jack stands BFF!

Built like a Sherman tank. Powder coating so thick you would have to chisel off.
It's designed and made just like you would do it if you knew how. Professional quality.
Easy up and down...raises to 26" at the lift flat side and with hockey puck adapters 27"(correction double pucks now)
Yes you can drop engine and trans unless you have some weird high manifolds
Take it to the track...as JoeD mentioned 4 nuts each end and comes apart.
Yes it takes longer to set up the first time as it is packed SO damn well. Each piece is wrapped and protected. And some assembly is required the first time.
Beats the hell out of getting under your car to do work and wondering if one of those jack stands will hold. Total confidence with this unit.
This is one of those pieces of equipment that you will have for ever
Go to the site and check the specs and all the pictures:
http://ezcarlift.com/index.html
If you have questions and call you get the owner Boytcho Manev.
Very nice fellow to talk with.

I'm a very satisfied customer here!
I don't own any stock in the company or that the owner is my brother-in-law

PS...I went to the site to get the link and was looking around...the man just keeps developing improving things with new accessories and design touches....you know he is listening to owners and making any mod that helps and works for newer cars..also as mentioned you can sell it...ever sell any old jack stands
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Oct 3 2018, 08:21 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

I have had one for around ten years. Best tool I have. I also bought the castor kit for it. This can come in handy if you want to move car around. It works well for engine and trans removal for both 4 or 6 cylinder cars. My six has tall intakes/carburetors. I have a second set of cross bars that works well on Boxster and other cars. I store this tool standing on edge against the garage wall. Rolls on ground like a big skateboard. Great customer service. I have received parts in the mail twice when he updates some little part.
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Oct 3 2018, 08:37 AM
Post #15

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 3 2018, 07:21 AM) *

I have had one for around ten years. Best tool I have. I also bought the castor kit for it. This can come in handy if you want to move car around. It works well for engine and trans removal for both 4 or 6 cylinder cars. My six has tall intakes/carburetors. I have a second set of cross bars that works well on Boxster and other cars. I store this tool standing on edge against the garage wall. Rolls on ground like a big skateboard. Great customer service. I have received parts in the mail twice when he updates some little part.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) best tool

At my age anything that raises the car is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
My back acts up on occasion so I use my lifts as often as possible.
I also cheat and use them while detailing cars at times. Couldn't be without them.

Oscar
+Quote Post
wobbletop
post Oct 3 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 7,335
Region Association: Canada

I went with the quickjack.

Its actually cheaper and doesn't require a drill to lift it and doesn't have any cross members between the lifts. They also call it portable but each side is probably 60-70lbs. I can't see taking it to the track. I get by with a simple scissor jack to change tires at the track.

But like everyone says... I should have bought one of these years ago no matter what kind you get.

+Quote Post
iankarr
post Oct 3 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #17

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(JoeD @ Oct 3 2018, 09:11 AM) *

I have a quickjack which goes to about 19" on the short blocks and no problem to do an engine drop. With 26" I'd bet it'd clear even with carbs. Not sure if that crossmember might get in the way, tho.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
live free & drive
post Oct 3 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 20,159

I have one and can tell you that you can pick up with car with the lifting system rotated 90 degrees from how it is depited in the first post and it will not intrude into the enginebay area at all. It will lift high enough to roll the engine/trans under while on most types of lowish profile lifting jacks.

Each side weighs 55lbs even though it seems like less, easy to load into pick-up, trailer or hatchback. Light enough to tak on the road to the track or other events, or to work on friends cars at other locations.

No affiliation - satisfied user
+Quote Post
jfort
post Oct 3 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I don't think that is high enough to get a six engine and transmission in and out
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Oct 3 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #20

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

2.0 air cleaner needs to come off. I detach the rear cross member and use Racer Chris engine and tranny floor jack lift plate.
10 years in still happy.

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:07 PM