Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rusty 356 $125K - $150K
aharder
post Oct 16 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,524
Region Association: Southwest Region

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/rusty-1958-por...h-small-fortune
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
flyer86d
post Oct 16 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,585
Region Association: North East States

My 1958 Coupe started as a $1200 parts car in 1981. It needed everything! The entire nose and tail were removed and all of the the usual sheet metal was replaced with a combination of NOS and repro sheetmetal. The only original untouched panel was the roof. I rebuilt the original engine and regeared the trans with BBAB gears. The interior was refurbished with Autos International material as original. I drove it home in September, 1995. Almost 15 years of restoration/reconstruction. We enjoyed it for 15 additional years. I let it go in 2010 for all the money at the time (much more than the experts said it should go for) and it is the one that I wish I kept..... Anything can be saved. Not economically in today’s dollars but it quickly becomes so.

Charlie
+Quote Post
mountainroads
post Oct 16 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,145
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(flyer86d @ Oct 16 2018, 04:43 PM) *

Anything can be saved. Not economically in today’s dollars but it quickly becomes so.

Charlie

We can all hope that the same will be true for 914s at some point. Not just for the monetary appreciation, but also the "cool car" appreciation. I started to say "purity", but we all know that the 914 is one of Ferdinand's bastard children. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

- MR
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:41 AM