Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Factory A/C install, are they all hack jobs?
echocanyons
post Jul 14 2003, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

In about a month I will be taking delivery of my next project, a rust free 74 2.0. this car was ordered with the A/C, these I understand were all dealer installed.
After looking at the install I just have one thing to say (for those of you who havent seen one)what a hack job they basically cut the front trunk floor pan out for the condenser and cut the engine seal area in the engine bay for the hoses.
I have been looking for patch peices for this area and I dont think anyone is reproducing that piece but maybe Im wrong.
I am not planning to use A/C and I am planning to remove and repair the places that were dealer hacked does anyone know where I can get a front trunk floor pan? I am guessing itll come from a donor car, any sawzall parties in the near future?
The short term plan for this is to bring it back to daily driver status with a projected driver status completion in Oct.
after that I will try and give a break to have it painted.
On a better note other than that the car is really clean and shouldnt take too much work to complete.

Oh BTW its signal orange
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:23 AM