Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Vinyl Dye/Paint
bbrock
post Nov 6 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

There are some old threads on this but new products emerge and the experience base changes, so seems worth revisiting. I have at least one interior bit (the rubber horn pad) that has a bit of sun fade and could benefit from a refresh.

It seems SEM is still the go to product according to people who seem to know what they are doing. VHT has a Vinyl Dye which they say is a true dye rather than a paint. That seems like it would have some advantageous but doesn't appear to have the following of SEM.

Anyone have experience with either of these products? Also wondering about color match. SEM lists three blacks: Gloss, Satin, and Landau. I'm guessing Landau would be the one to use in a black interior 914. Or would it be better to have my local paint shop mix up some PPG vinyl paint to the OEM interior code?

Any wisdom to share?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 09:32 PM