Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cost to build a 914/6 GT
Lucky9146
post Nov 10 2018, 09:05 AM
Post #21

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,942
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 10 2018, 05:34 AM) *

Also what is a 914/6 GT replica? Just the look or a full blown correct replica with tank, balsa FG hoods, etc. The latter could go over 100K.

Agree with Mark, 914/6 GT Replica is a vague term. That said, mine is a tribute? No FG Balsa or tank.
And if you want to go for a 916 trans too, probably add 10k just for that! It really all depends on the level you go for and how much work you can do yourself.
50k+ is a good number for starters.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Nov 10 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I think any notion sub $80k is off the mark. Look at what decent cars, that are going to be cut in the process, fetch these days. $17k+ And whatever it takes to get the car home. Then you start the process by selling off 4 lug fuch wheels. Or start with an original 6 at $80+ and still have a tribute car 5 years down the road.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Nov 10 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #23

Robert

Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

Just a thought....

Seems clear that budget always ends up being much higher than expected, especially lately since the 914 is becoming more.... well.... appreciated. But BUILD TIME is also always longer than expected on these cars. And for a GT build, probably longer.

If you truly have the budget you have, consider buying a completed (mostly) car. There will always be things to work on, but you could drive it right away.

I recently bought a completed car with a 3.2..... and i'm driving it almost every day. Over the past 15 years, I have gotten used to WAITING for projects to be completed. Actually driving the car is a new, amazing experience.

..... and yesterday the fuel system acted up and I had to work on the car. It's running again.

Consider making your project the hunt...... and reach out to other members to help look. I bet you would find a great car before it gets listed.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Nov 10 2018, 11:34 AM
Post #24

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

I have a customer's 2.4L CIS conversion in my shop right now which is for sale.
Asking price is $30K as is. I haven't made a consignment arrangement with the owner yet but have thought about it.
Yellow, narrow body, never hit, with no chassis rust repair needed. Only cosmetic work is required to be an excellent example, and if you're flaring it, it will need paint anyway.
The only real deficiency is the engine installer banged up the rear engine bulkhead to get the CIS to fit rather than doing it correctly either by altering the intake or modifying the panel nicely.
I tried to get another customer interested and have a $26000 estimate written up to add my hardtop, a set of GT flares, repair the bulkhead, prep it for paint and reassemble it afterward. The paint shop I use would probably charge around $15K.
It already has the 5 lug conversion with 6 x 16 Fuchs, factory oil tank, factory HEs, gauges, nice stock interior.
Email me at chris.foley at tangerineracing.com for details if you're interested.
+Quote Post
larryM
post Nov 10 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #25

emoze

Member No.: 65
Region Association: Northern California

Huh????????

the OP has a 914-4 - 914-4 VIN

- no way it will ever be anything but a replica-tribute-clone or whatever ya wanna call it

it will be worth (maybe) the sum of the parts when finished and ready for PCA regional concours as a S-2 T-2 class car
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 09:50 PM