Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tool Advice, Impact Sockets
dralf
post Jun 18 2005, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

I went out and bought a so so air compressor from Sears. Naturally it came with free air tools but no sockets. Remember I am not in the car repair business and I suspect I will still be turning most of the teeners nuts and bolts by hand, however, since it is Fathers Day I am looking for the best deal regarding buying ½ and 3/8 inch metric and SAE impact sockets. The ones they sell at Sears are an arm and leg, is there a better place to get a set, and what brand? I know enough to stay away from “made in china stuff” that looks like it will split the first time it is used, but don’t know squat else about them…
Any suggestions? And by the way, Happy Father’s Day to you all…. I unfortunately am spending it alone. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif) Kids are out of town and Fiancée is in North Carolina with the 3 dogs for 6 weeks of personal protection training.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dralf   Tool Advice   Jun 18 2005, 09:52 PM
iamchappy   Splurge on yourself and get the Craftsman. Thats w...   Jun 18 2005, 10:50 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:58 AM