Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tool Advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dralf
I went out and bought a so so air compressor from Sears. Naturally it came with free air tools but no sockets. Remember I am not in the car repair business and I suspect I will still be turning most of the teeners nuts and bolts by hand, however, since it is Fathers Day I am looking for the best deal regarding buying ½ and 3/8 inch metric and SAE impact sockets. The ones they sell at Sears are an arm and leg, is there a better place to get a set, and what brand? I know enough to stay away from “made in china stuff” that looks like it will split the first time it is used, but don’t know squat else about them…
Any suggestions? And by the way, Happy Father’s Day to you all…. I unfortunately am spending it alone. dry.gif Kids are out of town and Fiancée is in North Carolina with the 3 dogs for 6 weeks of personal protection training.
iamchappy
Splurge on yourself and get the Craftsman. Thats what I ended up going with. There a lot cheaper than Snap ons and come with the same warranty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.