Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Window Scraper Install Question, Scraper is binding against the window
Highland
post Nov 27 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,418
Region Association: Southern California

I'm putting my door back together and have everything in including the fuzzies on both sides. The window goes up and down smoothly until I install the scraper. Going up I can here the rubber scraping against the window and going down it can bind bad enough the friction from the window starts to fold the scraper over.

I removed the from trim guide to give the glass more freedom and tried supporting the glass manually and the rubber scraper still binds.

Advice please.?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 27 2018, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

!) Did you remove the alum bar that holds the rubber piece. If so did you re-install it using the same screws holes? If it was installed a bit low it will do as you are describing.
2) Can you see a small hump running lengthwise down the middle of the rubber strip. If so it isn't seated properly.
3) Does the window glass mate properly with the top and back side?
4) Does it free up if the interior door card is removed?
5) Is the rubber strip oriented correctly. It can installed backwards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 27 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

wax your window

QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 27 2018, 10:51 AM) *

I'm putting my door back together and have everything in including the fuzzies on both sides. The window goes up and down smoothly until I install the scraper. Going up I can here the rubber scraping against the window and going down it can bind bad enough the friction from the window starts to fold the scraper over.

I removed the from trim guide to give the glass more freedom and tried supporting the glass manually and the rubber scraper still binds.

Advice please.?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:46 PM