Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window Scraper Install Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I'm putting my door back together and have everything in including the fuzzies on both sides. The window goes up and down smoothly until I install the scraper. Going up I can here the rubber scraping against the window and going down it can bind bad enough the friction from the window starts to fold the scraper over.

I removed the from trim guide to give the glass more freedom and tried supporting the glass manually and the rubber scraper still binds.

Advice please.?
76-914
!) Did you remove the alum bar that holds the rubber piece. If so did you re-install it using the same screws holes? If it was installed a bit low it will do as you are describing.
2) Can you see a small hump running lengthwise down the middle of the rubber strip. If so it isn't seated properly.
3) Does the window glass mate properly with the top and back side?
4) Does it free up if the interior door card is removed?
5) Is the rubber strip oriented correctly. It can installed backwards. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
wax your window

QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 27 2018, 10:51 AM) *

I'm putting my door back together and have everything in including the fuzzies on both sides. The window goes up and down smoothly until I install the scraper. Going up I can here the rubber scraping against the window and going down it can bind bad enough the friction from the window starts to fold the scraper over.

I removed the from trim guide to give the glass more freedom and tried supporting the glass manually and the rubber scraper still binds.

Advice please.?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.