Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Faking the funk, appearance group edition.......
914bub
post Dec 8 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

When I got my 914 I was disappointed that it wasn't an appearance group car. It's a plain jane, black bumpered tangerine 72. I wanted sail panel trim, chrome bumpers, fog lights and a center console. So I started collecting parts. The more I looked at the car the more it grew on me. I really like orange and black as I'm a Giants fan and a Harley guy as well. So I decided against chrome bumpers. Taking the chrome steel wheels off and adding black ATS classics kinda sealed the bumper deal. I kind of decided I liked painted sails so sail trim was out. I installed fog lights with black painted grills and really like them. After looking at cars with center consoles they seem a bit cramped so now I'm thinking about not installing that either.

I'm wondering how many of you have added appearance group stuff and if so did you add bits and pieces or go "full appearance group"? I'm also curious if anybody has removed appearance group stuff from their cars and if so, why? I've always liked the looks of the fog lights over the plain grills so those are staying for sure. I'm getting old enough I'll take all the light I can get!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 02:17 PM