Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> !5th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering - September 15th 2019, Featuring the VW Porsche 914 on its 50th Anniversary
Big Len
post Sep 17 2019, 02:22 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Sep 17 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The first time I saw Dave's car was when I saw Paterek's Porsche America back in the 80's. My best friend Daniel and I still talk about it!

Paul
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Sep 17 2019, 08:27 PM
Post #63

Linda loves to photo bomb.
Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Sep 19 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 6,103

Unfortunately this was bound to happen. One person ruining it for everybody.

This was posted to Facebook by the president of the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society:

This past weekend was one of the biggest and best All Air-Cooled Gatherings we have had to date. For 15 years, a dedicated group of CJVWS members has made this happen by volunteering their time, money, and resources for the Volkswagen community to enjoy. A ton of hard hard work and an entire year of planning goes into making each show a success. One aspect of the show that draws a huge turnout is the camping on Friday and Saturday. A source of pride for the CJVWS is the confidence we all shared that we can trust our fellow hobbyists with our prized possessions, be them camping gear left unattended, cars parked, or parts in a trailer waiting to set out for sale on Sunday. As an added precaution for 2019 we even hired a security team to keep a eye out to add some additional peace of mind for our participants.

With all that someone still had to cause a major problem. On Saturday night someone stole the wheel trim rings right off Gene Langan‘s 21 window bus. Waking up to hear this news on Sunday morning was the worst news I could’ve ever received. Gene Langan has supported our show for years and brings some very special cars. He does this out of the goodness of his heart and for the hobby and for people to enjoy. He also makes a very generous donation to Operation Jersey Cares. And he’s also a friend of mine. Having this happen to anyone is unbearable but is made even worse when it's someone who does so much to support our event and asks nothing in return.

I sign the contract with the Swim And Sport Club every year so I am ultimately responsible for everything that happens there. To steal something like this in the middle of the night is a big slap in the face. Things have been stolen in the past and I have had enough. Our vintage Volkswagen community is better than this and I can’t believe this happened. It only takes one bad seed to ruin the bunch but that’s the case. What I’m asking is that the thief mails me back those rings. No questions asked. Until then I don’t plan on booking the camping portion of the show for 2020. I mean, where else can you stay for 10 bucks a night, get a free beer, and listen to a kick ass band. In the past we’ve had signs stolen, tail lights stolen, and numerous things taken off vendor's tables. This is not the VW hobby that I know. I was worried one day this event would grow too big and potentially turn out of control. Even with hiring security for the first time this still happened. I shouldn’t have to hire security at all. Now I know it’s the 1% that did this to our event. But that 1% is going to ruin it for all of us. I have no patience for thieves and I want Gene’s trim rings back! Among this small community in the tri-state area someone has to know what happened to those trim rings. I doubt the thief worked alone. The responsible party knows who they are and if you want to see a good camping show ruined for the entire community don’t mail them to me. As all my friends know I am a man of my word and I will cancel the camping. I simply can’t let this go. Please spread that word that I’m not gonna book and start planning for next year unless the trim rings are returned. I wanna squish it right now.

Casey Masterson, 29 Pleasantville Road. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Sep 19 2019, 06:57 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Unbeliveable! My heart and soul quakes, especially for all the work you and others put in; it was the grandest show ever (and quite a selection of cars!). Maybe our community can do a Go Fund Me if the perp doesn't send them back in?

QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 19 2019, 08:39 AM) *

Unfortunately this was bound to happen. One person ruining it for everybody.

This was posted to Facebook by the president of the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society:

This past weekend was one of the biggest and best All Air-Cooled Gatherings we have had to date. For 15 years, a dedicated group of CJVWS members has made this happen by volunteering their time, money, and resources for the Volkswagen community to enjoy. A ton of hard hard work and an entire year of planning goes into making each show a success. One aspect of the show that draws a huge turnout is the camping on Friday and Saturday. A source of pride for the CJVWS is the confidence we all shared that we can trust our fellow hobbyists with our prized possessions, be them camping gear left unattended, cars parked, or parts in a trailer waiting to set out for sale on Sunday. As an added precaution for 2019 we even hired a security team to keep a eye out to add some additional peace of mind for our participants.

With all that someone still had to cause a major problem. On Saturday night someone stole the wheel trim rings right off Gene Langan‘s 21 window bus. Waking up to hear this news on Sunday morning was the worst news I could’ve ever received. Gene Langan has supported our show for years and brings some very special cars. He does this out of the goodness of his heart and for the hobby and for people to enjoy. He also makes a very generous donation to Operation Jersey Cares. And he’s also a friend of mine. Having this happen to anyone is unbearable but is made even worse when it's someone who does so much to support our event and asks nothing in return.

I sign the contract with the Swim And Sport Club every year so I am ultimately responsible for everything that happens there. To steal something like this in the middle of the night is a big slap in the face. Things have been stolen in the past and I have had enough. Our vintage Volkswagen community is better than this and I can’t believe this happened. It only takes one bad seed to ruin the bunch but that’s the case. What I’m asking is that the thief mails me back those rings. No questions asked. Until then I don’t plan on booking the camping portion of the show for 2020. I mean, where else can you stay for 10 bucks a night, get a free beer, and listen to a kick ass band. In the past we’ve had signs stolen, tail lights stolen, and numerous things taken off vendor's tables. This is not the VW hobby that I know. I was worried one day this event would grow too big and potentially turn out of control. Even with hiring security for the first time this still happened. I shouldn’t have to hire security at all. Now I know it’s the 1% that did this to our event. But that 1% is going to ruin it for all of us. I have no patience for thieves and I want Gene’s trim rings back! Among this small community in the tri-state area someone has to know what happened to those trim rings. I doubt the thief worked alone. The responsible party knows who they are and if you want to see a good camping show ruined for the entire community don’t mail them to me. As all my friends know I am a man of my word and I will cancel the camping. I simply can’t let this go. Please spread that word that I’m not gonna book and start planning for next year unless the trim rings are returned. I wanna squish it right now.

Casey Masterson, 29 Pleasantville Road. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Sep 19 2019, 07:19 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(StarBear @ Sep 19 2019, 08:57 AM) *

Maybe our community can do a Go Fund Me if the perp doesn't send them back in?

I disagree.. Paying to cover for the THIEF does nothing to deter or even embarrass them. They could just come back next year.

I don't agree with the Oh they must be poor.. and can't afford their own trim rings. lets all pay for them
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Sep 19 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #67

Forgot.... a couple more
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:44 PM