Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Crank Trigger + Air Conditioning
McMark
post Dec 18 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

One of my current 2.3 engine builds is getting my fuel injection setup, but he wondered if I could make it work with a future air conditioning install. Since the AC pulley and my trigger wheel use the same location I had to do a little brain scratching. But I came up with a pretty elegant solution (if I do say so myself). I redesigned the trigger wheel to increase the OD so the teeth would extend beyond the pulley. I also opened up the ID to allow it to fit behind the fan hub. Once I had the laser cut pieces in hand (picked them up this morning) I dished the 'back' so the wheel wouldn't hit the case. I also removed a small amount of material from the back face of the fan hub flange also to add clearance to the case, as well as to add a centering boss to keep the trigger wheel centered when I welded it. Came our pretty slick.

I would love to continue on and design a full 4-cyl AC system, but I've got too many other projects to catch up on first.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
McMark   Crank Trigger + Air Conditioning   Dec 18 2018, 02:42 PM
BeatNavy   I like it!! :thumbsup:   Dec 18 2018, 03:51 PM
aharder   :beer2: Looks sweet !!   Dec 18 2018, 04:15 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:01 AM