Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crank Trigger + Air Conditioning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
One of my current 2.3 engine builds is getting my fuel injection setup, but he wondered if I could make it work with a future air conditioning install. Since the AC pulley and my trigger wheel use the same location I had to do a little brain scratching. But I came up with a pretty elegant solution (if I do say so myself). I redesigned the trigger wheel to increase the OD so the teeth would extend beyond the pulley. I also opened up the ID to allow it to fit behind the fan hub. Once I had the laser cut pieces in hand (picked them up this morning) I dished the 'back' so the wheel wouldn't hit the case. I also removed a small amount of material from the back face of the fan hub flange also to add clearance to the case, as well as to add a centering boss to keep the trigger wheel centered when I welded it. Came our pretty slick.

I would love to continue on and design a full 4-cyl AC system, but I've got too many other projects to catch up on first.
BeatNavy
I like it!! thumb3d.gif
aharder
beerchug.gif Looks sweet !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.