Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine cuts out
trawler
post Dec 29 2018, 07:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,605
Region Association: England

Had this car a short while and recently had the fuel lines checked and fuel pump rewired with inertia switch and also airleaks to injection system and new gaskets made and fitted. Was all going well but stuttered and then lost power and restarted after a couple of tries or would lose power then come back at speed in the inside lane.
Finally i stopped in a siding and had no power at the key. Recovery guy said I had 13.5 volts at battery and a huge 17.5v at fuse box. The recovery guy made this naughty little bypass to get me home. He reckons and I agree my voltage regulator has gone south. Any thoughts? https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOxwrO...ks0JlG-2Dc8jLOt
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 29 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Can't see anything in Photobucket! They are blocking me because i won't their ransom for my pictures! Screw them!
+Quote Post
trawler
post Dec 29 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,605
Region Association: England

I have always used photobucket on forums but message comes up on this forum in red. Gonna resize pic of "get me home" wiring
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 09:10 AM