Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much Wurth seam sealer do I need?
BPic
post Jan 8 2019, 06:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,864
Region Association: South East States

The car has zero seam sealer on it now and I want to create the factory look. I have a new Wurths gun on it's way, but how many tubes do I need to complete this?

BTW, I won't be using this gun again anytime soon (if ever) so after I'm done if anyone would like to use it I will ship it to them if they pay shipping, as long as when they are done they ship it to another 914world member to use. A little payback for all the help I've received from the members here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wes
post Jan 8 2019, 10:34 AM
Post #2

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

My next project just happens to be trunk seam, I’d be very happy to use the gun and pass it on.
+Quote Post
BPic
post Jan 8 2019, 10:37 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(wes @ Jan 8 2019, 11:34 AM) *

My next project just happens to be trunk seam, I’d be very happy to use the gun and pass it on.

Hi Wes,

You will be first on the list.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 8 2019, 10:43 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

You could call 770 8775743 and ask Kirk, he has done so so many 914s and uses the Wurth gun every day, perfecting the factory technique that no one could tell. He did Brutus the 916 as well as the Brumos silver 916 repaint

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 05:49 AM) *

The car has zero seam sealer on it now and I want to create the factory look. I have a new Wurths gun on it's way, but how many tubes do I need to complete this?

BTW, I won't be using this gun again anytime soon (if ever) so after I'm done if anyone would like to use it I will ship it to them if they pay shipping, as long as when they are done they ship it to another 914world member to use. A little payback for all the help I've received from the members here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
wes
post Jan 8 2019, 10:55 AM
Post #5

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 08:37 AM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Jan 8 2019, 11:34 AM) *

Hi Wes,

You will be first on the list.

Very cool! Thank you much, a project I’ve been putting of now forced to the front.
+Quote Post
BPic
post Jan 8 2019, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Thanks George, I talk to him yesterday about the channels. He's getting back to me tomorrow and I'll ask him then.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 8 2019, 11:43 AM) *

You could call 770 8775743 and ask Kirk, he has done so so many 914s and uses the Wurth gun every day, perfecting the factory technique that no one could tell. He did Brutus the 916 as well as the Brumos silver 916 repaint

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 05:49 AM) *

+Quote Post
budk
post Jan 8 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #7

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 07:49 AM) *

I’ll gladly be 2nd on your list if the Wes doesn’t need it.
Thanks. Bud
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Jan 8 2019, 01:34 PM
Post #8

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

I’ve used 6 tubes so far, redid the front facia, both longs, a friend’s rear trunk floor.
I recently bought 2 more tubes to use on the windshield cowl and upper fender sections.

Attached Image

My Wurth sales person always seems to have a discount for 3 tubes at a time.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 03:43 AM