Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much Wurth seam sealer do I need?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
The car has zero seam sealer on it now and I want to create the factory look. I have a new Wurths gun on it's way, but how many tubes do I need to complete this?

BTW, I won't be using this gun again anytime soon (if ever) so after I'm done if anyone would like to use it I will ship it to them if they pay shipping, as long as when they are done they ship it to another 914world member to use. A little payback for all the help I've received from the members here. beerchug.gif
wes
My next project just happens to be trunk seam, I’d be very happy to use the gun and pass it on.
BPic
QUOTE(wes @ Jan 8 2019, 11:34 AM) *

My next project just happens to be trunk seam, I’d be very happy to use the gun and pass it on.

Hi Wes,

You will be first on the list.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
You could call 770 8775743 and ask Kirk, he has done so so many 914s and uses the Wurth gun every day, perfecting the factory technique that no one could tell. He did Brutus the 916 as well as the Brumos silver 916 repaint

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 05:49 AM) *

The car has zero seam sealer on it now and I want to create the factory look. I have a new Wurths gun on it's way, but how many tubes do I need to complete this?

BTW, I won't be using this gun again anytime soon (if ever) so after I'm done if anyone would like to use it I will ship it to them if they pay shipping, as long as when they are done they ship it to another 914world member to use. A little payback for all the help I've received from the members here. beerchug.gif
wes
QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 08:37 AM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Jan 8 2019, 11:34 AM) *

Hi Wes,

You will be first on the list.

Very cool! Thank you much, a project I’ve been putting of now forced to the front.
BPic
Thanks George, I talk to him yesterday about the channels. He's getting back to me tomorrow and I'll ask him then.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 8 2019, 11:43 AM) *

You could call 770 8775743 and ask Kirk, he has done so so many 914s and uses the Wurth gun every day, perfecting the factory technique that no one could tell. He did Brutus the 916 as well as the Brumos silver 916 repaint

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 05:49 AM) *

budk
QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 8 2019, 07:49 AM) *

I’ll gladly be 2nd on your list if the Wes doesn’t need it.
Thanks. Bud
mgphoto
I’ve used 6 tubes so far, redid the front facia, both longs, a friend’s rear trunk floor.
I recently bought 2 more tubes to use on the windshield cowl and upper fender sections.

Click to view attachment

My Wurth sales person always seems to have a discount for 3 tubes at a time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.