Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sunday morning KK, What a great time
daytona
post Jan 21 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #1

daytona

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,249
Region Association: South East States

Hi guys,
The local Porsche chapter of the Space Coast had our monthly KK yesterday. Out of 16 cars that showed for the Coffee and what ever at the Panera across from Daytona speedway, 4 were 914s. Now that on its own is pretty cool, but one of the 914s is a Bumble Bee that had been in storage for the past 40 years. Its second and present owner purchased the car in 1975. In 1978 he started to do some work on it and then life interfered and he never got a chance to finish it. With the help of one of the members and a local shop the car was made road worthy again and it attended our KK. The white 914 in the photo is also an LE (Creamsicle). But unlike the Bumble Bee it is extensively modified. One thing that caught my eye with this Bumble Bee was the outside mirror. It is not like on my 74, it is an early mirror (see photos). Any one see this before?
If all this 914 overload was not enough, when I went inside to get some breakfast my total bill came to $9.14. Coincidence or an omen? You decide.

Sorry about some of the photos not being oriented correctly. I can't seem to fix it.

Attached Image

LE air dam is broken so an aftermarket unit is fitted. Other than that it is a very original car.

Attached Image

This is the mirror I am talking about. The present owner who has owned the car since 75 never changed the mirror, and ne bought the car from a Porsche dealer.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
daytona
post Jan 21 2019, 03:20 PM
Post #2

daytona

Member No.: 17,249

And here is the photo of the receipt from Panera. Coincidence or an omen.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 21 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(daytona @ Jan 21 2019, 04:18 PM) *

Hi guys,
The local Porsche chapter of the Space Coast had our monthly KK yesterday. Out of 16 cars that showed for the Coffee and what ever at the Panera across from Daytona speedway, 4 were 914s. Now that on its own is pretty cool, but one of the 914s is a Bumble Bee that had been in storage for the past 40 years. Its second and present owner purchased the car in 1975. In 1978 he started to do some work on it and then life interfered and he never got a chance to finish it. With the help of one of the members and a local shop the car was made road worthy again and it attended our KK. The white 914 in the photo is also an LE (Creamsicle). But unlike the Bumble Bee it is extensively modified. One thing that caught my eye with this Bumble Bee was the outside mirror. It is not like on my 74, it is an early mirror (see photos). Any one see this before?
If all this 914 overload was not enough, when I went inside to get some breakfast my total bill came to $9.14. Coincidence or an omen? You decide.

Sorry about some of the photos not being oriented correctly. I can't seem to fix it.

Attached Image

LE air dam is broken so an aftermarket unit is fitted. Other than that it is a very original car.

Attached Image

This is the mirror I am talking about. The present owner who has owned the car since 75 never changed the mirror, and ne bought the car from a Porsche dealer.

Attached Image

It’s an early mirror but something could have happened at the dealership before the car was sold and the dealer slapped on what was on the shelf.
You wouldn’t believe how many cars are damaged and repaired before they get sold as “new”.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Jan 21 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

Thanks for sharing...4 914's and what are the odds they all have different style rims (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Great photo,

Oscar
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jan 22 2019, 07:37 AM
Post #5

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

very nice! AND if you had not had the special, free bagal it would not have worked out to the $9.14 price either.

I vote omen not coincidence
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jan 22 2019, 09:31 AM
Post #6

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Do you have the owners names or VINs of the two LE cars?
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 22 2019, 10:19 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Nice turnout. Thanks for sharing.
+Quote Post
sholman5
post Jan 22 2019, 04:45 PM
Post #8

Kraut burner

Member No.: 20,391

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 22 2019, 10:31 AM) *

Do you have the owners names or VINs of the two LE cars?

Sent you a PM. Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jan 22 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #9

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

This gentleman is inspirational. I always thought I would be selling my 914 long before I reached his age...rethinking that now. I wonder how long I will be healthy enough to drive it? Better start working out and laying off the cookies...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

PS, that front spoiler is not altogether incorrect for an LE car. Something similar to it was a factory prototype spoiler design for the 914 Can Am cars before what we know as the LE front spoiler made it into production.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
My 914
post Jan 23 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #10

Casual Member

Member No.: 19,928
Region Association: North East States

The $9.14 breakfast was neither coincidence nor omen, it was a nod from the universe telling you it was all meant to work out the way it did.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 07:20 PM