Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday morning KK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi guys,
The local Porsche chapter of the Space Coast had our monthly KK yesterday. Out of 16 cars that showed for the Coffee and what ever at the Panera across from Daytona speedway, 4 were 914s. Now that on its own is pretty cool, but one of the 914s is a Bumble Bee that had been in storage for the past 40 years. Its second and present owner purchased the car in 1975. In 1978 he started to do some work on it and then life interfered and he never got a chance to finish it. With the help of one of the members and a local shop the car was made road worthy again and it attended our KK. The white 914 in the photo is also an LE (Creamsicle). But unlike the Bumble Bee it is extensively modified. One thing that caught my eye with this Bumble Bee was the outside mirror. It is not like on my 74, it is an early mirror (see photos). Any one see this before?
If all this 914 overload was not enough, when I went inside to get some breakfast my total bill came to $9.14. Coincidence or an omen? You decide.

Sorry about some of the photos not being oriented correctly. I can't seem to fix it.

Click to view attachment

LE air dam is broken so an aftermarket unit is fitted. Other than that it is a very original car.

Click to view attachment

This is the mirror I am talking about. The present owner who has owned the car since 75 never changed the mirror, and ne bought the car from a Porsche dealer.

Click to view attachment
daytona
And here is the photo of the receipt from Panera. Coincidence or an omen.

Click to view attachment

mepstein
QUOTE(daytona @ Jan 21 2019, 04:18 PM) *

Hi guys,
The local Porsche chapter of the Space Coast had our monthly KK yesterday. Out of 16 cars that showed for the Coffee and what ever at the Panera across from Daytona speedway, 4 were 914s. Now that on its own is pretty cool, but one of the 914s is a Bumble Bee that had been in storage for the past 40 years. Its second and present owner purchased the car in 1975. In 1978 he started to do some work on it and then life interfered and he never got a chance to finish it. With the help of one of the members and a local shop the car was made road worthy again and it attended our KK. The white 914 in the photo is also an LE (Creamsicle). But unlike the Bumble Bee it is extensively modified. One thing that caught my eye with this Bumble Bee was the outside mirror. It is not like on my 74, it is an early mirror (see photos). Any one see this before?
If all this 914 overload was not enough, when I went inside to get some breakfast my total bill came to $9.14. Coincidence or an omen? You decide.

Sorry about some of the photos not being oriented correctly. I can't seem to fix it.

Click to view attachment

LE air dam is broken so an aftermarket unit is fitted. Other than that it is a very original car.

Click to view attachment

This is the mirror I am talking about. The present owner who has owned the car since 75 never changed the mirror, and ne bought the car from a Porsche dealer.

Click to view attachment

It’s an early mirror but something could have happened at the dealership before the car was sold and the dealer slapped on what was on the shelf.
You wouldn’t believe how many cars are damaged and repaired before they get sold as “new”.
ValcoOscar
Thanks for sharing...4 914's and what are the odds they all have different style rims piratenanner.gif

Great photo,

Oscar
DRPHIL914
very nice! AND if you had not had the special, free bagal it would not have worked out to the $9.14 price either.

I vote omen not coincidence
JeffBowlsby
Do you have the owners names or VINs of the two LE cars?
Cairo94507
Nice turnout. Thanks for sharing.
sholman5
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 22 2019, 10:31 AM) *

Do you have the owners names or VINs of the two LE cars?

Sent you a PM. Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
This gentleman is inspirational. I always thought I would be selling my 914 long before I reached his age...rethinking that now. I wonder how long I will be healthy enough to drive it? Better start working out and laying off the cookies...

idea.gif pray.gif

PS, that front spoiler is not altogether incorrect for an LE car. Something similar to it was a factory prototype spoiler design for the 914 Can Am cars before what we know as the LE front spoiler made it into production.
My 914
The $9.14 breakfast was neither coincidence nor omen, it was a nod from the universe telling you it was all meant to work out the way it did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.