Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I Lost Huey's ignition key...now what?, ...and it's not a 914 ignition switch...
naro914
post Feb 4 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Losing my mind...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

Anyone have any ideas?

I have somehow misplaced Huey's ignition key. Nadine and I have looked everywhere inside, outside, in cars, trailers, etc. And if you ask "did you look..." the answer is Yes. I've tried to back trace my time but it's been over a month since I started him, so who knows... (and yes, we only had 1 key...don't start that on me now too).

I BELIEVE it's a 964 ignition switch. Its mounted in the dash on the left and I got it from someone many years ago. I had to modify the heck out of the dash frame and switch to make it work, but it does and it will be a real PITA to take it out.

So my question is, what are my options? Does anyone know if a key can be made from the ignition switch while in the car? I know, call a locksmith...just didn't know if anyone had any short cuts (besides finding the damn keys!)

Oh yeah....that really cool "914" bottle opener key chain is lost too, as is the key for the doors...

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 42)
KELTY360
post Feb 5 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #41

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Thank you so much for posting for our amusement. You've brought a smile to many. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

BTW, Huey is the coolest 914 on the planet.
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Feb 5 2019, 09:24 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 5 2019, 03:25 PM) *

Bob,

When we have keys made for any 914, we always have one made from the lock, and that one is used to make a 1 sided key. It won't work in the lock, so it never wears down, but it can be used to cut new keys for the car.

Make one like that and stick it in your safe deposit box. That way the next time you lose the key, you can have one easily made.

Clay

That is unless you lose the key for the safe deposit box like I did once! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 6 2019, 07:07 AM
Post #43

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

A couple of years ago my wife lost her keys and was blaming me, honestly I have done this before so I was the likely suspect. I cleaned out my shop, she cleaned out the house, we looked everywhere...gone.
Two or three months later we were doing a garbage run and I saw a purse on the pile, "isn't this your purse?"I asked, "my old one, it's worn out" was her reply. I started to look through it and she says "I already emptied it".
It was one with several hidden zippered pockets, yep... I pulled out her keys.

I lose my keys all the time, now it's like I have a lost keys get out of jail free card, my wife no longer gives me crap she just helps me look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:25 PM