Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A few disconnected parts
isdyl
post Feb 11 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,217
Region Association: England

Hi! That photo has been really helpful and there is progress but I'm just struggling to see where a couple of last connections go please. On the photo below I have 3 ports - I'm not sure about the right hand one - maybe oil filler breather? Bottom left I think is MPS, top left I seem to have written "Aux Air" but can't remember where I got that info now. Also on the other photo what is this item please? Aux air valve maybe? Where does the other pipe from it go to please if so?
Many thanks! Dylan

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rjames
post Feb 11 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #22

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Last pic is of the decel valve. Mounted on the same bracket as the MPS (in a 2 liter at least).

Thread about how it’s hooked up (and more) here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=67150&st=
+Quote Post
isdyl
post Feb 12 2020, 01:16 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 11 2020, 06:13 PM) *

Last pic is of the decel valve. Mounted on the same bracket as the MPS (in a 2 liter at least).

Thread about how it’s hooked up (and more) here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=67150&st=

Ah ok thanks - so that upper left port on my photo probably should be 'Decel Valve' with the other pipe from the decelerations valve going to the air filter box.
So that just leaves the right hand port which maybe goes to the oil filler tower? Or does the oil filler tower connect to the air filter box to please?
+Quote Post
isdyl
post Feb 13 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 9 2019, 08:40 AM) *

Those two open ports are cylinder head vents. You need to put hoses on them and run them to some kind of vent can that is much higher up in the engine compartment.

The wire coming out of the tin is the cylinder head temp sensor for the original fuel injection. With a carb, you can ignore it. But I would suggest that you get the original FI parts and put the FI back on the car. It will run much better than the single carb.

The green with a red trace wire is supposed to hook to the oil pressure sender for the idiot light. It is in a hole next to the distributor. If you ground the wire, the oil light should come on.

Hope that helps.

Clay

Hi again! Sorry this is taking me a long time - I'm just try to may the last few connections as I don't want to damage anything. From above, I can see on the Haynes book diagram too that the red/green wire should go to the oil pressure switch. There is currently a green/black wire connected to the oil pressure switch and so where should that be relocated to please? The diagram I have doesn't mention a green/black wire! This is my last wire I think!
Regards, Dylan
+Quote Post
isdyl
post Feb 14 2020, 07:28 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(isdyl @ Feb 13 2020, 12:33 PM) *

Those two open ports are cylinder head vents. You need to put hoses on them and run them to some kind of vent can that is much higher up in the engine compartment.

The wire coming out of the tin is the cylinder head temp sensor for the original fuel injection. With a carb, you can ignore it. But I would suggest that you get the original FI parts and put the FI back on the car. It will run much better than the single carb.

The green with a red trace wire is supposed to hook to the oil pressure sender for the idiot light. It is in a hole next to the distributor. If you ground the wire, the oil light should come on.

Hope that helps.

Clay

Hi again! Sorry this is taking me a long time - I'm just try to may the last few connections as I don't want to damage anything. From above, I can see on the Haynes book diagram too that the red/green wire should go to the oil pressure switch. There is currently a green/black wire connected to the oil pressure switch and so where should that be relocated to please? The diagram I have doesn't mention a green/black wire! This is my last wire I think!
Regards, Dylan

Ah! I see that a green/black wire should be connected to the oil temperature sender - where is that please?
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 14 2020, 08:13 AM
Post #26

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(isdyl @ Feb 14 2020, 07:28 AM) *

Hope that helps.

Clay

Regards, Dylan

Ah! I see that a green/black wire should be connected to the oil temperature sender - where is that please?

It is in the bottom of the case, in the left front corner. There is a round plate bolted to the bottom. If it has the sensor, it will be mounted in that plate. If it doesn't have the sensor, the plate won't have a place for it. It is nicknamed the "Taco Plate"

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-994-1285175172.jpg)
+Quote Post
cwpeden
post Feb 14 2020, 08:42 AM
Post #27

Great White North, huh?

Member No.: 6,693
Region Association: Canada

Check this thread for hoses. I think you have AAR port correct http://914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105298
+Quote Post
isdyl
post Feb 14 2020, 11:14 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 14 2020, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(isdyl @ Feb 14 2020, 07:28 AM) *

Hope that helps.

Clay

Regards, Dylan

It is in the bottom of the case, in the left front corner. There is a round plate bolted to the bottom. If it has the sensor, it will be mounted in that plate. If it doesn't have the sensor, the plate won't have a place for it. It is nicknamed the "Taco Plate"

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-994-1285175172.jpg)

Ah - thank you. I'll have a hunt underneath. As this is optional according to the diagram, and I don't have a gauge, I assume it doesn't affect the running of the car?
+Quote Post
isdyl
post Feb 14 2020, 11:27 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(cwpeden @ Feb 14 2020, 08:42 AM) *

Check this thread for hoses. I think you have AAR port correct http://914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105298

Thanks - useful diagrams. I think I'm going to miss out the deceleration valve and see if it's necessary. There doesn't seem to be a way of connecting it easily to what I have.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:53 AM