Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When was the first time you saw a 914?, When, where, etc
7TPorsh
post Feb 22 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #81

7T Porsh

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

First exposure was 1970 at Beverly Hills Audi Porsche. Front lot was a rainbow of 914s lined up in all colors. Wish I had a picture but I was 8 and nobody carried cameras back then.
Loved them at that point. Then a few years later I saw a long haired, moustached dude driving one. He was sitting at the light with two blondes in the car. Girls seemed to be having fun and the dude was smiling ear to ear.

That did it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Feb 22 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #82

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

First exposure was 1970 at Beverly Hills Audi Porsche. Front lot was a rainbow of 914s lined up in all colors. Wish I had a picture but I was 8 and nobody carried cameras back then.
Loved them at that point. Then a few years later I saw a long haired, moustached dude driving one. He was sitting at the light with two blondes in the car. Girls seemed to be having fun and the dude was smiling ear to ear.

That did it.
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Feb 22 2019, 11:11 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

I was seeing these different looking Porsches all around SoCal in the early '70s, never thought much about them. One evening at a nightclub parking lot (near Vasek Polak Porsche), I saw a badass yellow six with the m471 flares. I was on the hunt for a 914 since January 1974. I was given the 914 keys (by a good friend ) to his1972 1.7, and took it for a couple hours through the Hollywood Hills canyons. I was amazed by its ability to grip the road like a go kart, but going uphill with little horsepower was a different story. I loved the car but for the sake of power, I started looking for used 9146 models. After checking out a dozen or so used 6's...I only found cars that needed major body, and drivetrain work. So I made the decision to spend the money on a new 2.0, then make my own 6 cylinder conversion later. The invoice is what happened next ; 45 years ago this month...
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Feb 22 2019, 11:27 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

....seems like yesterday that I signed the invoice ; well except for the decades of designing and fabricating that have gone into this car . It did get its first six cylinder transplant in 1978, a single turbo/ CIS 2.7 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 08:20 PM