Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: Original Tool Kit for Early ‘73, Looking for a Tool kit
56kabrio
post Feb 25 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,219
Region Association: None

I am looking for a tool kit for an early ‘73 (white handle screwdriver). Tools must be in excellent condition. I will also consider partial kits as a means to assemble all the necessary items.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mack
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Feb 25 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,981
Region Association: South East States

Took me a couple months and a couple hundred bucks but I was able to source everything on EBay and Samba for my 73. The white screwdriver will be the toughest. They do pop up on Samba though. Saw 2 on EBay a couple months ago. Here is a link to a listing that I think has the bag, wrench and Tommy bars.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=htt...%2F264206093070

This is the site I used to know what to look for. Some of the tools are vw from the same time and I found those listed on EBay cheaper than the ones listed under Porsche.

http://www.p914.com/p914_tools_kit.htm

+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Feb 26 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Had some waiting around time today so for the heck of it I searched EBay and found all the components except the white screwdriver.
+Quote Post
56kabrio
post Feb 27 2019, 11:53 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,219
Region Association: None

Thanks for your help on this search. Using the links that you provided and a little digging around on EBay, I bought everything except for the white screwdriver handle. I’ll keep looking! Really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Mack
+Quote Post
Super90
post Feb 28 2019, 06:58 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,423

I'm pretty sure I have one in exc shape tucked away. If interested email me. thanks G
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 28 2019, 07:42 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Quite a debate on whether white handle is correct, if you look in your '73 owners manual it has a picture of the tool kit with a black handle for the screwdriver. I believe the white handle was a replacement for a short period of time. Can anyone produce a factory picture showing the white handle?

QUOTE(56kabrio @ Feb 27 2019, 09:53 AM) *

Thanks for your help on this search. Using the links that you provided and a little digging around on EBay, I bought everything except for the white screwdriver handle. I’ll keep looking! Really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Mack

Attached Image
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Feb 28 2019, 08:24 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 28 2019, 08:42 AM) *

Quite a debate on whether white handle is correct, if you look in your '73 owners manual it has a picture of the tool kit with a black handle for the screwdriver. I believe the white handle was a replacement for a short period of time. Can anyone produce a factory picture showing the white handle?

QUOTE(56kabrio @ Feb 27 2019, 09:53 AM) *

Best regards

Mack

Attached Image

My 73 came with the tool bag, wrench, hubcap puller and a white screwdriver. I finished it off with stuff I got on EBay. I have to imagine the white screwdriver came with the car originally.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:15 AM