Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Original Tool Kit for Early ‘73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
56kabrio
I am looking for a tool kit for an early ‘73 (white handle screwdriver). Tools must be in excellent condition. I will also consider partial kits as a means to assemble all the necessary items.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mack
jdamiano
Took me a couple months and a couple hundred bucks but I was able to source everything on EBay and Samba for my 73. The white screwdriver will be the toughest. They do pop up on Samba though. Saw 2 on EBay a couple months ago. Here is a link to a listing that I think has the bag, wrench and Tommy bars.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=htt...%2F264206093070

This is the site I used to know what to look for. Some of the tools are vw from the same time and I found those listed on EBay cheaper than the ones listed under Porsche.

http://www.p914.com/p914_tools_kit.htm

jdamiano
Had some waiting around time today so for the heck of it I searched EBay and found all the components except the white screwdriver.
56kabrio
Thanks for your help on this search. Using the links that you provided and a little digging around on EBay, I bought everything except for the white screwdriver handle. I’ll keep looking! Really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Mack
Super90
I'm pretty sure I have one in exc shape tucked away. If interested email me. thanks G
Mike Fitton
Quite a debate on whether white handle is correct, if you look in your '73 owners manual it has a picture of the tool kit with a black handle for the screwdriver. I believe the white handle was a replacement for a short period of time. Can anyone produce a factory picture showing the white handle?

QUOTE(56kabrio @ Feb 27 2019, 09:53 AM) *

Thanks for your help on this search. Using the links that you provided and a little digging around on EBay, I bought everything except for the white screwdriver handle. I’ll keep looking! Really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Mack

Click to view attachment
jdamiano
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 28 2019, 08:42 AM) *

Quite a debate on whether white handle is correct, if you look in your '73 owners manual it has a picture of the tool kit with a black handle for the screwdriver. I believe the white handle was a replacement for a short period of time. Can anyone produce a factory picture showing the white handle?

QUOTE(56kabrio @ Feb 27 2019, 09:53 AM) *

Best regards

Mack

Click to view attachment

My 73 came with the tool bag, wrench, hubcap puller and a white screwdriver. I finished it off with stuff I got on EBay. I have to imagine the white screwdriver came with the car originally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.